PSA: A good rule of thumb

YHSublime

WAMAS. I recently have noticed there has been rather large amount of personal information posted on the forum, and would like to just offer some advice (take it FWIW.)

We are a close knit community, and a friendly one at that, but please, please, pleaaaaase be careful posting up personal information around the forum. This includes full names, addresses, phone numbers.

Take it to private message if you're going to hand this information out, or are selling/buying something, this way it's not left permanently visible online.

It's also good practice! Just a thought.

Great advice,  for example... if you post Number, Email, Address and more, in a post. In hopes that it will allow you to '' lock-in'', a deal... it does not. Take Sublime's Advice...it benefits all. :)

Something else I see all the time are posts where people are telling everyone that they are going to be out of town and specify the exact days they are leaving and coming home. That is not info I would share lightly and not in the "general" section.

Just as a reminder, our rules do specify that you're not to put private information such as phone numbers, emails, etc. out in our public forums. They do allow them to be in our members-only forums, just be thoughtful about it and understand the risks.