Apex Monitoring

dmatt56

Hello everyone,

I FINALLY setup the Apex controller that I purchased on Black Friday (BIG THANKS to Orion for helping me configure it!).

So......what are everyone's thoughts on monitoring ORP and Conductivity?  Is it worth the price of the probes (and PM2 module) to monitor these two parameters?

I'm anxious to hear other's thoughts.

Thanks,

Matt

Matt, if you have the full Apex version then you should already have an ORP port on it. You would just have to buy the probe.

However, I am with ridetheducati. From doing research I came to the conclusion as well that chasing ORP is a waste of time.

I have heard that the salinity probe can be a pain to calibrate.

if i remember correctly; you only want to manage ORP if you run an Ozone generator. which most people do not bother with, it does however clean up the water real good. 

ORP is a good thing to monitor if you're using ozone. Otherwise it's a parameter that most likely you're not going to care about and, if you did, it might lead you to chase some false idea of the right number. It certainly has value as an indicator if you see sudden and unusual trending, but most people really can do without.