tunze nano ato

Nhanguyen09

I've had mine for 9-10 months and have never had to soak it in vinegar. I've cleaned the float a couple of times with water and a light brushing with a toothbrush. Is the glass on your tank pretty thin? I've read that the magnet can interfere with the float when used on thinner glass. They suggest putting a small piece of acrylic between the glass and the outside magnet so there is less magnetic interference with the float.

Edited by ronl

Have you come across anything obstructing the float when it has stuck? A calcium buildup would be pretty evident through either sight or feel when you manually slide the float up and down. I've had collonista snails through different systems that can be a real pain when it comes to float switches as well. Also, I do a vinegar soak on both of my Tunzes and my JBJ every 2-3 months as a preventative measure.

I have been extremely disappointed with mine. It continues to stay stuck even when submerged in a couple of inches of water. Float switches can take a hike - I'm swapping it out for a Reef Angel water level monitor that works based off the water pressure in a tube. No more moving parts!

I have one as well, had it for about 4-5 months. No issues from it yet, but I hate how noisy the pump is. If I were in the market I would NOT but it again. However I had a JBJ, and as much as I liked it, I had a lot of issues from the switches on it. I really like the Avast ATO.