Emissary's 180G Tank Thread

emissary

Very nice frag tank. You are really going to like having one...for several reasons.

Not the least of which is I have somewhere to pitch my Xenia and get them attached to rocks before I haul them over to Marine Scene.

How are those large turbo snails doing?

Happy, Healthy :) Lots of food left.

Did you get your flatworm problem taken care of.

Not yet. I'm going to chuck a bunch of stuff in the frag tank and start my treatment process while I shut off the flow to the frag tank. I'm expecting I'll need a couple of sweeps. The first sweep will be to kill most of them and I'll want to extract a bunch of stuff before doing that. Then a big water change.

I did a large Flatworm Exit treatment to my main system with no ill effects. I used a bottle and a half of the stuff. I had them floating all over the tank. Syphoned them out as soon as I could and did a large water change. Worked like a charm...knock on wood.

Not sure how many you had. I have ... A LOT. Before sharing frags with anyone at the last meeting I ran the frags through 3 treatments. 1 in a 3xpower kill chamber for upto 10 mins. 2 in a standard power kill bucket for a couple hours, and then standard power in the baggies that I doled out. The kill chamber I had to refill for every frag. The water quickly turned yellow. I expect when I treat my tank, all the water will turn yellow. :-\

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quotes did not work in your post because they are unbalanced. The first quote in the section below should not have a "/":

[/quote]
Did you get your flatworm problem taken care of.
[/quote]

• 1 month later...

Alrightie then. I've finally created a transport mechanism from my AC3 to my public web site. That means current status of power-controlled devices is now available along with what used to be there (temp/ph/orp). There's also more descriptions of how things are running.

http://reef.korff.org/statistics.php

• 1 year later...

Thanks Chip for the move.

This tank is very much in a holding pattern right now as I'm in a Masters program so I'm not doing a lot of additions. I did manage to get my frank tag set up and am battling some major cyano problems. Yeah yeah, let the water chemistry get away from me. It's a slow road to recovery but I'll get there. Got my alk and pH back into reasonably good parameters just last week.

Once I do some cleaning I'm going to try to take advantage of my wife's new D300 and 105mm Macro VR lens to get some good shots.

If I'm REALLY ambitious, I'll do a tank tour. I've got a variety of coral frags I need to get rid of. (alas, no I can't make it to the frag fest this weekend)

• 3 years later...