Visiting for a week!

Hello fellow reefers! I'm tony, from nebraska! I will be in the dc area next week on a free trip paid for by my wife's work. Just looking for ideas and such for things to do. I plan on visiting lfs and such... Maybe buy stuffs and ship them back to nebraska.. Any recommendations?

So about my reef. I have a 40 breeder that has been set up for over 2 years. Recently converted to reef. 20L sump with eheim 1260 return pump. Coast to coast on the back wall for drain. Two tunze 6055 power heads for the flow. Ai sol blue 10 inches above the water mounted parallel to the tank for lighting. In the tank I have 2 pj cardinals, a yellow wrasse, 2 premium black designer clowns, a "birdshot" clown. For coral I have a bunch of different zoas (Rastas, darth maul, devils armor, etc) sunburst bubble tip anemone, hammer, frogspawn, monti caps, and an unknown acro.

Everything is in the growing stages so I have time to add more stuffs. I also have a 54 corner tank that is cycled waiting for it's inhabitants.

Ps - is there a classifieds section? I may have missed it while I was waiting for my registration email

Hi Tony. Welcome to WAMAS. Our for sale section is a paid-member benefit. That's why you don't see it.

Where are you and your wife staying while here in DC? I assume that you have a rental car or something? We have a number of good local stores that are worth a visit. We'll try to make recommendations depending upon where you're staying.

See this thread and this one. Both are similar to yours in that they were by visitors that were here in the area a short time and looking for things to do and see.

Awesome thanks for the links! Me and the mrs will be staying at the JW Marriot in Washington, D.C. Unfortunately we will not be getting a car. I will be using the train for transportation, and my good ol feet too. Thanks again got the links, I will check them out. Hopefully there is enough stuff to keep me occupied from 8 to 5 while she is in her meetings lol

There will be a lot for you do near the JW as far as seeing the sites in DC but unless you get a car you are not going to be able to really get to any of the reef stores which are outside of the city. Make sure to check out the huge reef tank in the Natural History Museum.