The best RO/DI unit?

jefftse

I want to upgrade my 100GPD unit and mainly because I would like dual membrane unit that will reduce my TDS before going to the DI.  

Which one is the best unit out there?

I was looking at this 

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/brs-5-stage-spartan-ro-di-system-300gpd.html

I don't know much about AWI and filterguys but I heard some good things about them.

Any opinions welcome!

All three are reputable suppliers, Jeff. AWI is a WAMAS sponsor. They also give us a 10% discount on their prices. See the pinned thread in the Member Discussion forum for the code.

The multiple membrane setup is often configured as two PARALLEL membranes, so you'll not really further reduce your TDS, but may reduce the waste:pure water ratio. That's the case with the setup that you linked to which uses two 150 GPD membranes in parallel to get 300 GPD capacity.

The new membranes from Filmtec have a 99% rejection ratio, so they're better than the ones that were used in the hobby just a few years ago. You can increase the life of your DI resin by using these new membranes, producing more water in one sitting rather than mulitple small runs, and flushing the membrane prior to production.

I don't know much about AWI and filterguys but I heard some good things about them.

I've yet to hear an unhappy AWI customer. I won a Typhoon III at my first meet, and I'm almost at a year with it now. Just ordered replacement filters, and it was so easy to set up I've not thought about trying anything else. I would give five stars across the board. I also called their customer service the other day to ask about a filter replacement question, and they were super friendly and helpful.

I've yet to hear an unhappy AWI customer. I won a Typhoon III at my first meet, and I'm almost at a year with it now. Just ordered replacement filters, and it was so easy to set up I've not thought about trying anything else. I would give five stars across the board. I also called their customer service the other day to ask about a filter replacement question, and they were super friendly and helpful.

cool. maybe I should give them a call.. but the 300GPD does sound really good

also, ive seen people add an additional di unit inline to get more water out of their units...theres a brs video on it...and not to hard to do by the looks of it...

and keep in mind, just getting a new membrane on your current setup will help alot, as 100gpd are actually less efficient than 75gpd units...i think their rejection is alot less?

There are new 100 gpd membranes with a 99 percent rejection ratio. The older ones had a 90 percent rejection ratio.

The 150 gpd membranes are likely either 98 or 99 percent. Depends on the make/model of the membrane.

Sent from my Rezound on Tachyon using Tapatalk

With 3 DI stages, it's large and will certainly give you clean water as long as you change out the resin beds as they exhaust. Call them and ask which 100 gpd membrane they install now. If it's the TW30-1812-100HD (the HD is important), then get it. Otherwise stick to the 75 gpd membranes. The old 100 gpd membrane only had a 90 percent rejection ratio.

Sent from my Rezound on Tachyon using Tapatalk

Have to say I love AWI. I've had to call them on a couple of occasions and their customer service rivals the customer service for some of the premium brands I've dealt with (outside the fish hobby). They will do pretty much anything to help you out, even sending parts with no charge - not even shipping! Based on this experience, I can't imagine trying anyone else. If you have a config you really like from somewhere else, call and talk to them about it. I imagine they can figure out something similar for you.