Low PH HELP!

Fireman12s

Hi Gang.. so, yesterday I went to the LFS and got some H2O and then topped off the tank with Fresh H2O last night in preparation for a water change today.  I changed the H2O with Salt water from the LFS about 5 hours ago… temperature is back to normal, but the PH had dropped DRASTICALLY!  OMG…  Not quite sure what to do about this..  I have a 36 Gal Bow in the basement, 2 clowns, 2 shrimps, an Urchin, an anemeomeoemeomeomeeeee 3 green chromes and a flame angel. And as you can see in the screen shot below, prior to water change, the PH was actually riding a little high @ 8.5.  Any ideas?  help help help!  Don't need my fish swimming around in acid!post-2633837-0-70537200-1387592073_thumb.png <----- click photo to enlarge!

-B :unsure:

Edited by Fireman12s

Do you have a 2nd PH tester to check that one? Something doesn't look right. No new dosing routine or anything new other than water change? My tank has never dropped this drastically takes time

Do you have a 2nd PH tester to check that one? Something doesn't look right. No new dosing routine or anything new other than water change? My tank has never dropped this drastically takes time

Nothing changed, other than water.. and that is the from the Apex PH probe… I will do a Multi test and API real quick to see if there is a difference between that and what the Apex probe reads..

Nothing changed, other than water.. and that is the from the Apex PH probe… I will do a Multi test and API real quick to see if there is a difference between that and what the Apex probe reads..

Looks like it must be the probe… both the SeaChem, and API read correct…. :blush:   whew!

Thanks

-B  :cool:

Turns out.. after checking the probe… that the probe got pulled out of the sump!  So… we now know the PH of my basement. LOL

-B :cool:

Now at 8.51 :happy:   a little high.. but.. since I am not running corals, not the end of the world….

-B  :cool:  

Turns out.. after checking the probe… that the probe got pulled out of the sump!  So… we now know the PH of my basement. LOL

-B :cool:

LOL. Glad you've got it figured out. I just stumbled across this post (busy weekend so I wasn't online much) and was going to suggest that you trace out the wiring between your probe and the Apex.