Best food for a Tang

Enkay

I have a yellow tang and a foxface. Both of them eat veggies. What is the best most nutritious food that i can give them.

Currently I feed them Caulerpa and they also partake of the blackworms and other stuff  I feed the other fishies. Is this a good enough diet or do I need to supplement with something else as well?

Thanks!

By seaweed if you mean dried seaweed, I do feed that. They are very healthy and eating very well. I was just wondering if they are getting what they need with what I am feeding them or do I need to supplement with anything else.

I think your doing well, you can always add varied meaty foods but as long as you feed the 'seaweed' and worms you're feeding what they would normally eat...

Are you just doing green seaweed or changing it up with the red and purple too?

Edited by smallreef

I feed them caulerpa as a regular along with black worms. Then either the red or green seaweed every one or two days. They eat a LOT. So I feed them as much as they devour.

i use dianichi ...got it from brk

i have never had to use seaweed etc since....

its the best pellet food I've used

but i supplement with spectrum and also some frozen stuff from Jan

By seaweed if you mean dried seaweed, I do feed that. They are very healthy and eating very well. I was just wondering if they are getting what they need with what I am feeding them or do I need to supplement with anything else.

Yep dried seaweed. I think you have all the bases covered and don't need to supplement with anything else. 

I curretnly have chaeto and caulerpa (both kinds) in the sump. Would love to get some ulva as well. I like feeding the fish a variety.

That is a good idea Coral Hind. I do feed cucumbers etc to my freshwater plecos. I will try peas and some other veggies for the Tang.

That is a good idea Coral Hind. I do feed cucumbers etc to my freshwater plecos. I will try peas and some other veggies for the Tang.

Peas are also said to be helpful for fish that are bloated or constipated.