maji jets

Guest alex wlazlak

Guest alex wlazlak

where is the cheapest place to get these? thatfishplace has them for about $20. what about sero's? how much are they? id like to get a good idea on how much the stuff ill be needing for my 120g when i actually set this sucker up. also, what would some good power head choices be for a 120g? i saw tims one thread when he was saying how good they are and everything so im thinkin thats what im gonna go with.

I just got a SEIO 1100 from Premium Aquatics for about $65ish. IMO much better than a maxijet (wide flow vs jet). Using the mod that I was pointed to on RC they are totally directable and very nice. The only downside that I have heard about is you have to clean them regularly since they are prone to calcium buildup, also you can't use them on a wavemaker. I have a 120 and I use a closed loop with a GENX-Mak4 and a Mag-12 on my return (both on SCWDS) and one SEIO 1100 and have very good water movement.

BB

Havn't bought one yet but after doing some research I found that the Seios put out alot more flow and at a much lower wattage. The smallest Seio puts out more than twice the GPH as the MJ1200 at less than half the wattage. The dispersion is also wide rather than narrow like the MJ. Cost more up-front but less power consumption with greater flow sounds like a winner. Just run it in a bucket of white vinegar and water for an hour once a month to keep it clear of buildup.