Nytelighter's 40B FOWLR

(edited)

Do you have a link to the adapter you're using? Any reason why you didn't use a LED dimmer instead? Have you tried to drop the voltage to 50% or less of the max? Long thread on RC says you have to maintain at least 50% into the controller or else it'll shut off. Thanks.

Here is a link and some pics of the adapter that I bought off Amazon.  http://www.ebay.com/itm/400608458719?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649  Works like a charm!!!

DSC01092_zpsa77eb5d3.jpg

DSC01094_zps0cb12edc.jpg

Edited by Nytelighter

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So my next project is to use these:

DSC01095_zps744c24c4.jpg

to take care of this:

DSC01091_zps944755e2.jpg

Some major wire management duties will be in effect this weekend  :clap:

I also have to pick up my new WP25 from Hlem, a box of IO from QR, a RODI storage tank from NAGA, and then its just the waiting game for my Evergrow IT2060 from ERC in about two weeks!!!!! :wub:

Need some input on my next purchase.  Looking to get a reactor to run some activated carbon.  The three I have been looking at are: TLF 150, BRS Reactor, or NextReef MR1.  Anyone care to share their opinions or experiences with these units?  Looking for some pros and cons before I make a decision. 

Nyte u have a decent one for carbon very similar to the tlf it is a reef octopus MF-300

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 the mf-300b is a nice reactor. I have one of those and the same exact reactor from via aqua. Its called the poly reactor pr20/20.

Exact same reactor for $20-$30 less then the reef octopus.

I hate the tlf. The bracket is fixed and its hard to loosen. I had a hard time getting a good grip with bracket in the way.

I ment I have one if you are interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahh missed the used fs one :) anyway if you look to get a matching one later my tip could be considered. :)

I have mine plumbed together.

Posted Image

• 3 weeks later...

Well Happy Holidays to all!!!  Just thought I would drop an update on my progress thus far.  

Working on hooking up my NextReef MR1 that I got from Mr. Rock for a great price.

DSC01115_zpsf3343e7e.jpg

Also working on putting together a manifold so I can run my reactors off of one pump.

DSC01114_zps810b0c99.jpg

Cable management is still in progress.  Finally hooked up my Apex and DJ Powerstrip.  Replaced my MP10WES with another WP25

DSC01117_zpsdc8626d2.jpg

DSC01116_zps9580b721.jpg

Small video of the tank (About 2 mins)

th_M4H01112_zpsb94de588.jpg

Edited by Nytelighter

• 1 month later...

Aye Carumba!!!  Found out I had my first jumper today.  One of my Chromis must have got scared last night and decided to carpet surf.  I didn't find him until my daughter pointed out that there were only two chromis roaming about in the tank.  Found him dried up behind the top-off container.  Looks like I'll be putting the screen top  back on for a week or so.  

In other developments, I had a hair algae outbreak on the rocks and cyano on the sand bed.  Guessing my phosphates were high I added the MR1 reactor with some GFO and things have turned around.  Thinking about getting a Lawnmower Blenny or Tuxedo urchin to tackle the hair algae that is left.  Any thoughts?

• 4 weeks later...

Hoping someone can shed some light or have experienced this before.  My fire shirmp recently molted but did not regain his full color.  The only change on the system that I can think of was the addition fo GFO but that was over three weeks or so.  I'll toss up a picture of him when I get home today.  Anyone ever experience this before?

• 10 months later...

I haven't posted on here in month but my tank is still alive and well.  I moved to North Carolina but my tank is still in VA.  My 11 year old daughter takes care of feeding and top off but I do all the real maintenance everything I come back to visit which is about every three weeks or so.  I'm in the market for a camera I can hook up an monitor via my apex on Fusion.  Anyone know of a reasonably priced camera?