Bubble Trouble!

Duke

That's explains the reason for the algae outbreak! cut back the power and light cycle.

http://wamas.org/forums/topic/59017-algae-outbreak-cause-by-led-light-maybe/

I usually run my lights at 50/50 mid day and 10/20 by night. I've been running 20% blue since last night. Should I leave it at that or give the tank total darkness for a few days?

Depending on how bad the algae. If real bad. I would go 2 days lights out. Then set your cycle to 6-8 hours, light intensity between 25-30 and slowly increased. Also try to maintain temperature around 78-79. I notice that I get more algae at higher temp.

Unless the tank is really bad with cyano, personally, I would just increase flow, and let it cycle.  You can try scraping and doing a WC, but ultimately, those nutrients are going to need to get used up somehow.  And like I said, it's just O2.

Unless the tank is really bad with cyano, personally, I would just increase flow, and let it cycle.  You can try scraping and doing a WC, but ultimately, those nutrients are going to need to get used up somehow.  And like I said, it's just O2.

+1 try to reduce the light cycle and do big water change. It will help with export nutrients out. also do not overfeed your fish.

Took everyone's advice.

Up the flow, and tone down the lights. I can already see that stuff peeling off the rocks!

Thanks everybody!