LFS with RO membranes

steveoutlaw

Need to get a 100gpd membrane today. 

Nobody wants a 100 gpd membrane, Steve. The rejection ratio on them is about 92%, I think. You want either a 75 or a 150 gpd (with 98%+ RR) that we use in the hobby, don't you?

QR may have them in, I'm heading up in a lil'. He said they come in today.. so, worth a call possibly...

Shipment with the membranes will arrive tomorrow, not today. 

Nobody wants a 100 gpd membrane, Steve. The rejection ratio on them is about 92%, I think. You want either a 75 or a 150 gpd (with 98%+ RR) that we use in the hobby, don't you?

At this point I'll take anything. 

At this point I'll take anything. 

I think that I saw a membrane on Sean's shelf at F&F the other day. You're not still working out of the Dulles area, are you?

Any chance it's your auto-shutoff valve (ASOV)?

Nope.  I traced back to the output of the RODI and it's a drip coming out of the unit.  Filters are fairly new so I figure it has to be the membrane.

Nope.  I traced back to the output of the RODI and it's a drip coming out of the unit.  Filters are fairly new so I figure it has to be the membrane.

If you pull the membrane out of the housing, does water flow through the entire system? (Just checking to make sure that it's open end-to-end, and that it's not the membrane housing. If so, it sounds like your membrane is fouled or if it was sitting around a long time unused and unconnected, that the membrane could have air entrapped inside. In any case, check out the AWI troubleshooting guide and, if that doesn't work, get a new membrane.

You might also try calling John at BRK or Vince over at QR since they're both kind of close.