reef keeper elite program help please

pizzaguy

Can someone tell me how to program my rke to run a avast swabbie for 5 minute intervals 4 to 6 times a day. I am clueless on thus one. Any help is appreciated

You can program the port as a light; this should get you the intervals, and specific times you want it on/off. I haven't had my RKE out in a few years, but I think that would be the way to do it. 

You can program it as a timer, but it's a bit tricky to do from the control box.  I recommend hooking up the USB adapter and using the software on a laptop to configure it though.  It's sooooo much easier that way.  You can download the software from digital aquatics forum website.  http://www.forum.digitalaquatics.com/

You may have to register your device before you can get the software though.  

Let me know if you need more help.  I have an RKL, but it's basically the same thing. 

If your programming it from the control panel this is what you need to do.

First set a timer.

Menu button then timers

Pick an empty timer slot and remember the number.  (will use timer 1 for this example)

DOW: SMTWTFS  (Day of the Week)

Time On: 00:05:00  (Length of time it is on)

TIME Off: 00:01:00  (Length of time between on times, you could easily leave this at zero)

Repeat: 6 (Will turn on 6 times a day)

Random: No (Will evenly space the off intervals, the 1 minute would matter here if set to yes)

SAVE it.

Use the timer on the outlet the swabbie is plugged into (I will use a PC4 in the 3rd outlet as an example)

Hit the out button (lower left)

Navigate to the PC4 bar you are plugged in to  (If you have more than one label them I have 3)

Select the plug from left to right (1-4)  The left being the side with the lights with all text in correct reading order.

Mode: Auto

Function: multi-timer

A new window appears for the first timer use the timer you just set.  This example used Timer 1

Save everything and your all set.

Since I am to lazy to buy the net module or to cheap I would recommend the following.

Label all of your PC4's.

Label each plug on your PC4's.

Label the wire plug as well.

Label the equipment with the timer number.  (important you will never remember if you have multiple timers)

For example I have 3 BRS dosing pumps for Ca, Alk, and Mag.  One each pump is a label with Timer 2, 3, 4 respectively so I know which is which.  And on the PC4 bar they are plugged into each socket is labeled with CA, Alk, Mag.  Therefore before I do any change to say Mag.  I know it is on PC4-2 socket 3, timer 4.

If you have any more questions This is what I run on mine without software or net module.

Dosing Pumps x3 (alk is also set to PH max as well as timer)

Skimmer pump

Swabbie

GFO pump

Metal halide x2

T5 Actinc

Heater set to temp probe

MLC with moonlight LED's

If I could get my POS laptop to accept my wireless internet I would definitely use the USB connection but for now I am stuck until I buy the net module and probably some wireless Cat5  connection from best buy.

Edited by Jim Mc

fyi:  If you are having trouble with the controller turning the motor / pump on and off then it could be that the motor isn't drawing enough power.  In this case, ( my evolution 1400s fall into this category), then you probably have it connected to one of the digitally controlled outlets (outlets 2 & 3 on the PC4).  You will need to either move it to a mechanically controlled outlet (outlets 1 & 4 on the PC4) or plug in a surge protector into the outlet on the PC4 and then plug the pump / motor in to the surge protector.