*Slow Clap* here

YHSublime

So when I heard about the avast booty buy, I decided to take the plunge after a little bit of research on a CS3. There's not a lot of info on them out there, but essentially picture a really big CS1. Some of you saw it together at the meet, and this thing bigger than a five gallon bucket. Although I have yet to drop it in my sump, I can already tell if it performs anything like my CS1 did, it will be fantastic.

I also ordered a top down for my new found picture taking skills, what amateur couldn't convince themselves they need one?! Firstly, this thing came branded, and I love that. From the Avast tape that wrapped the box together, to the towel and the thank you note filled out on top of the box, Avast was selling themselves, and in great fashion form. Everything was wrapped tight, and securely, making sure it would survive the mailing. Also, not to mention, Avast put a jump on my order and I received it very quickly (thanks again!)

I'm not the best at hands on projects, but the skimmer build itself is pretty intuitive. After dry fitting it, it made a lot of sense. I had two problems through the whole build. One was my bottom flange was too small for my cone. Dan and Justin brought me a new one to the meet, and even helped put it on. Second was I got a CS1 part in there, which isn't an issue, but confusing for somebody trying to do everything right following directions with extra parts :) I'm writing this to let WAMAS know that behind the scenes both Dan and Justin were really trying their best to help me fit this thing together, and offered to ship me new parts (even though I was going to the social) just so I could get it together quicker.

Overall, the customer service, the quality of the product, and the way I'm sure the product will perform, I give a whopping 5 stars across the board. Also a big thank you to both the captains for all their help!

I feel like I do have to add, having the option to actually go see either of these guys (less than an hour away) and meet them at the social gave me a huge leg up on say, somebody in California. If they were not local, I could see how my two problems could be monumental, but the immediate response and guidance I received leads me to believe they would have been just as helpful and accommodating to anybody in the USA. Which leads me to my last huge plus, Avast is all American, so put that flag on your skimmer with pride!