achilles

YHSublime

Did the fish actually die? From the course of the thread I am guessing it did, but if you remove it from the tank with the power-head wont it still have a (slim) chance? I had a damsel recently lose about that much of its side due to, what I believe to be, a fight with my Kole Tang, and it is almost totally healed now. Fish are amazingly fast healers.

Fish is dead

Late to the thread...so sorry....this can be very frustrating.  When I had my 120g set up, I impulse bought one from BRK even though I knew it didn't have a great chance of surveying in my tank.  I even remember telling my DH this is not a good idea on the ride home.  I was elated at the 8 month mark, he was still fat and happy.  Shortly after then I went on vaca for a week, came home and it was no where to be found.  I was crushed.  

A big one showed up on divers den, and someone is doing an order through them- http://www.liveaquaria.com/diversden/ItemDisplay.cfm?c=2733+3&ddid=203791

Thanks for the info, but I think it's a little quick, plus that fish is huge.

Sorry to hear this.  It has always been one of my favorite fish that is on my wish list.

Same here. I am reconsidering my priorities on my stock list now.

that is a BIG boy. i dont think i've ever seen one larger than 9" and that one is getting pretty close.

Too big for my space. My Chevron is already pushing it.

Late to the thread...so sorry....this can be very frustrating.  When I had my 120g set up, I impulse bought one from BRK even though I knew it didn't have a great chance of surveying in my tank.  I even remember telling my DH this is not a good idea on the ride home.  I was elated at the 8 month mark, he was still fat and happy.  Shortly after then I went on vaca for a week, came home and it was no where to be found.  I was crushed.  

No worries, sorry to hear about yours. The prettiest ones always have baggage. They are pretty aggressive fish. I was planning on adding him last, I had already taken him out, because every time I added a new fish he would fight it, no mater what the size. Maybe it's for the best, one day when I have the time or money to setup a 300+ tank I'll work one out, in the meantime, I'll stick with what generally works.