Any nuvo owners here

linkfalcon

I don't have one, but I'm absolutely drooling over the new line of larger tanks. (If ever I had to start over - I'm eyeballing the 60g. shh!) How does everybody like the IM stuff? Is there enough space for everything you want? To me it just feels like the Apple of the reef world, not that that's a bad thing.

sorry for the hijack :rolleyes: just want to get people talkin'!

Edited by SunWyrm

What fail are they haveing I'm looking at a 24 nuvo

+1.. I have had the Nuvo 24 up and running for about 6 weeks or so now. No issues or fails ive noticed. I heard about some of them breaking or something like that... More people like to complain than compliment, so keep that in mind. I love my Nuvo. It looks great, has plenty of space to work, only issue I have is not many skimmers will fit in the rear chamber, but other than that its a pretty sweet tank. Even my fiance looked at it and thought it was a very sleek and stylish tank.

I just read about  a few people who had it happen. Seems to be the same people posting it everywhere. Apparently they have changed something in the design, I dont really know. I have been through a tank splitting before and its not fun. I figure after 6 weeks, if it was gonna break, it wouldve already. Sh*t happens sometimes, but still a sweet AIO tank.

I'm not trying to be alarmist, but there seems to be a problem with the first runs of the Nuvo 24 with thinner glass and if they were delivered by regular UPS (i.e. not freight on a palate).  Looks like a design flaw for which they have adjusted.  Look at post #186 in this thread:

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/330750-sangheilis-innovative-marine-nuvo-24-aka-how-i-ruined-my-carpet/page-8

Other than that, I really like the tanks.  They are pretty solid.  I just put a Tunze 9002 with an InTank collection cup in the back middle of my Nuvo 16.  I spent a little more and bought it at a LFS just in case there was an issue because I heard about problems with shoddy silicone jobs on the baffles (Not the main glass plates).  I wanted to be able to return it easily for peace of mind.

• 3 weeks later...

I was the first to order from marinedepot. My nuvo24 was delivered from ups, but they had it in another huge box. Had it for months now, and it's doing great. People were also saying it was because if MP10s. I have 2 on there running about %70 reefcrest, with no problems.

I think it's key who you order from.

I spoke with the people at IM yesterday, and confirmed that the new version of these are just fine. They pulled the old ones and went with a new design, using thicker glass and some other change. They also said there is no issue with using an MP10 with them. However, I wish they would make other improvements as well. My return pump cracked in several spots when I went to pull it apart and clean it. But its under warranty and they are happily going to replace it. So far so good with customer service.

I spoke with the people at IM yesterday, and confirmed that the new version of these are just fine. They pulled the old ones and went with a new design, using thicker glass and some other change. They also said there is no issue with using an MP10 with them. However, I wish they would make other improvements as well. My return pump cracked in several spots when I went to pull it apart and clean it. But its under warranty and they are happily going to replace it. So far so good with customer service.

Lucky you. I got sold a "for store display only" model and have yet to ask what to do about that (and my pump is rattling...). No serial number for the warranty.

My pump rattled after about 3 minutes of use, I really need to just find an alternative. Im actually using 2 MJ1200's in place of the broken pump. Makes a ton of flow, maybe to much, and the rattle around back there bc I dont have the brackets for them.  Its tough to find a good pump with such a small return fitting. Everything is less GPH than stock.