Breaking in skimmer.

Joshifer

Ok I was breaking it in my tank but the micro bubbles it's spewing out pissed me off its making the tank look really dirty.

So...

I did a water change. And stuck it in that bucket with a heater. And switched my filter pad around in there for some muck and took the collection cup cap off so it flows back into the water. Is this a bad idea ?

I googled it. People who own the same one say its a great skimmer and the microbubbles will stop after a week or two. I only have it running since Wednesday. It's a aquaticlife 115

Edited by Joshifer

Letting a skimmer run open like that is fine. It should settle down soon. Sent from my phone

Awesome thanks. Another question. I got this GSP frag from QR it didn't have a disc so I glued it to this skeleton.

Will the sides hanging like that damage it? Photo attached.

b1121b6fe748e252baa3abbf861fa1cc_zpsb22c

Edited by Joshifer

No, it won't damage it. It'll be fine. Keep in mind that it may take a few days or even a week before it begins to open up again. So just keep the water quality good and stable and you should be able to see something positive by this time next week from it.

No, it won't damage it. It'll be fine. Keep in mind that it may take a few days or even a week before it begins to open up again. So just keep the water quality good and stable and you should be able to see something positive by this time next week from it.

It's begun to open already. :D

It's begun to open already. :D

That's great news. It tells me that your parameters are probably reasonable and that they weren't too stressed from movement.