Help with skimmer purchase... need experienced insight.

pettyrd

Post a picture of the goo when you get it!

Sure will. I love Salty Supply... Free 2 day shipping to VA. I have read that the SRO skimmers take about a week to break in ... But when it starts pulling the goo out I will take some pics.

On a different note... After I pulled the CS2 out of the sump, I put my old SWC back in. The SWC had been in the garage for a month and as soon as I turned it on, it started taking the goo the CS2 couldn't get out of the water. It's gonna be hard to retire the ol' faithful SWC... But I'm pretty excited to get the SRO.

Installed the new skimmer tonight... I had to modify my PVC plumbing and relocate my mangroves... But I think the end result looks cleaner.

null_zpsa44ea2a4.jpg

This thing runs pretty dang quiet!! Way quieter than the PSK-2500 on the old SWC.

null_zps71663af0.jpg

The other side of the sump.

How long does it usually take for a skimmer to get "broken in"? And what exactly am I looking for?

Ahhhhh that's unfortunently not a question with a specific answer...anywhere from a few hours to a couple of weeks...

When it's finally broken in the bubbles will be more uniform and....I don't know the exact way to say the rest of it...you'll just know?

Thank you for the answer. I have had a few skimmers, but this is my first brand new one. I read somewhere it took 8 days for this particular skimmer to break in... But mine seems to be functioning pretty well right now... but if it is not yet broken in, and it gets better than this... I will shout Reef Octopus praises from the rooftops.

More pics of poop!!! LOL glad you found a match. Time for a Swabbie.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

This was today when I got home from work.

null_zps5f03cdd0.jpg

Pretty good!

And I have already cleaned the cup twice sense getting it. I couldn't be happier. SRO's are awesome.