Check out my urchin's new hat!

Reefer Madness

Its a Mobile Frag Rack.... :)   I went to my friends down the street once... was sitting there staring at the tank trying to figure out were the piece of Montipora I gave him, went to...
 After Completely Examining the sandbed, I concluded that it must have moved... Before I gave up and walked away...upper right corner of the tank, The Urchin was carrying it up the glass, closer to the light.... ( Must've known the Monti needed more light. ;) )

Edited by TheyCallMeMr.703

Does it grow fast? I found an urchin in my tank (must have hitch hiked in) but it only comes out at night, and doesn't stray from this one particular rock. He's got good taste.

Does it grow fast? I found an urchin in my tank (must have hitch hiked in) but it only comes out at night, and doesn't stray from this one particular rock. He's got good taste.

Yeah he was about the size of an eraser head in May and now he's about an inch and a half wide. He had lots of algae to eat for a while though... Had a pretty good hair algae outbreak. Good equilibrium now though... Just enough to eat I think :)

Yeah, he looks like a blue tuxedo urchin...I like them...

Isaac, if the one in your tank is still small most likely it's a rock boring urchin....they stay fairly small and you won't see them very much...