DC return pumps

Der ABT

ok after an eventful weekend with some power "issues" at the house..

have an old mag 9 thats been my temporary return pump till i finished my transfer (at this rate ill never finish haha though i do have all the fish transferred) it was having some restart issues and got me remembering its close to replacement time and to use it for a backup.

ive been looking into the waveline, diablo etc etc dc6000 and 12000,

12000 was going to be if i used it to feed a frag tank on the opposite wall and a manifold but i think i could actually get away with the 6000 the more i think of it.

but also recently saw the jebao dc6000, basically a really cheap nockoff of the waveline etc. gen2 pumps and its blue instead of black or red.

i like the diablo for the 2 yr warranty.

but for half the price the jebao is hard to pass up though shipping is annoying so a group buy would probably have to get coordinated.

anyone got one? any suggestions etc. thoughts etc...trying to justify spending the money vs warranty/cheap version.

for 50w (dc pump) vs 80-100w (waterblaster/mag9) for all other pumps its about 40 bucks a year savings so if it lasts longer than the warranty youve made up the price difference vs a mag (though yuor heater will be on more) and every year after it still runs your eating away at the cost.

Edited by Der ABT

i know they are all knock offs with whatever the company adds

but the warranty is NOT the same...coralvue..id trust their warranty long before id trust jebao .

some put in titanium screws etc etc etc....

ive seen a few threads where they have come to the us but it was directly from jebao if im not mistaken.

i know they are all knock offs with whatever the company adds

but the warranty is NOT the same...coralvue..id trust their warranty long before id trust jebao .

some put in titanium screws etc etc etc....

ive seen a few threads where they have come to the us but it was directly from jebao if im not mistaken.

That would be cool if they were available. I didn't bother asking with the new Jebao group buy that just closed last week. Kind of wish I did now.

I'm jumping in on the waveline dc pumps...thinking of doing a 12000 since I'm going to put 4 returns I the tank...splitting it 2 ways...

Edited by smallreef

I'm jumping in on the waveline dc pumps...thinking of doing a 12000 since I'm going to put 4 returns I the tank...splitting it 2 ways...

I would, I'm on 2 and I think it JUST cuts it.

Just play 1/2 of the video, and it will be a 6000. LOL :laugh:

Hahaha! Good one!

But seriously. if you're looking for any kind of serious flow, I only have one return, granted, a few 90 degrees in there, and I'm getting enough to move water into my sump and back at top speed, but not a lot of pressure. Two nozzles off my 1 return. If you're planning on 4 returns, Kim, I would wait for the 12000. I don't want folks to be dissapointed with the 6000, but it just cuts it for a 150. My offer stands to anybody who wants to see it in action.

Hahaha! Good one!

But seriously. if you're looking for any kind of serious flow, I only have one return, granted, a few 90 degrees in there, and I'm getting enough to move water into my sump and back at top speed, but not a lot of pressure. Two nozzles off my 1 return. If you're planning on 4 returns, Kim, I would wait for the 12000. I don't want folks to be dissapointed with the 6000, but it just cuts it for a 150. My offer stands to anybody who wants to see it in action.

Thanks for the advice Brother .

A mistake alot of people make is not getting the larger pump

as a return and using it on a lower setting.

Getting the large pump and running at a low setting keeps

the powerpack cool and the noise level is dead silent

at the lower power levels.

I prefer the 1st gen pumps i use the speedwave which is

around for 200.00.......used at half power you will think it is off

its so quit.

I'm running a DC6000 to the 80g frag tank. The 6000 would be good with 2 outlets. But if your gonna put anymore to it that's iffy.

Smallreef. I'd get the 12000.

I am running the DC5000 on my 90 with 2 returns that or both split and it is just barely cutting it at full power I would recommend the DC12000 because that is what I am going to upgrade to.

Hey Jake...me too! Gonna put in a special order so I will hopefully have it by the end of sept...hopefully they will get them sent out soon!;

Where are you pre-ordering from?

Hey Jake...me too! Gonna put in a special order so I will hopefully have it by the end of sept...hopefully they will get them sent out soon!;

any reason you prefer the waveline over the diablo that is a bit easier to get? was looking to pick up the last dc10500 from diablo but sold out this morning at both shops i tried.

My current waveline DC5000 is super quite and works like a champ the only reason I am going to upgrade it is because it just doesn't put out enough flow.

Kim, I would wait for the 12000. I don't want folks to be dissapointed with the 6000, but it just cuts it for a 150. My offer stands to anybody who wants to see it in action.

I'm running a DC6000 to the 80g frag tank. The 6000 would be good with 2 outlets. But if your gonna put anymore to it that's iffy.

Smallreef. I'd get the 12000.

I am running the DC5000 on my 90 with 2 returns that or both split and it is just barely cutting it at full power I would recommend the DC12000 because that is what I am going to upgrade to.

My current waveline DC5000 is super quite and works like a champ the only reason I am going to upgrade it is because it just doesn't put out enough flow.

x1000

evan, i was finally able to get a call back from someone who had the diablo dc10500s in stock. should be arriving friday if you want to stop by and check it out. i ordered two just in case as they are impossible to get and didn't want to put my build on hold for not jumping at the chance while they were available.