Baffles for a 20 L sump

holedup82

Okay so this weekend I want to get the sump for my 75gal rebuild done. There is literally too much info on sump design and baffles etc(most of it is conflicting. First do I go glass or acrylic baffles in a glass sump? Another WAMAS member pointed me towards glass. Second what glass thickness should I go with? Lastly I can cut the glass myself, but Home Depot and Lowes, at least near me, don't have a great selection of thickness, any one have somewhere they recommend? Most DIY builds I've seen, people are using 1/4 inch thick. Thanks for the advice guys and gals!

Monkiboy used Laurel Glass, iirc, and got a good deal on cuts.  Might not get done this weekend, though. 

I used 1/4" acrylic from a piece that Coral Hind gave me.  It was pretty easy and seems to stick really well even though technically silicone isn't supposed to stick to acrylic.

When I looked at HD and Lowes they only had 1/8" glass, which seems like it would be too thin.

I used homedepot/lowes glass for my 70G sump. IMO there no reason to use thick glass for sump partitions.

Had the same thought if water is on both sides pressure on the glass is equal. But wasn't 100% sure

Make sure you get your baffle spacing absolutely right the first time, cutting and pulling, then redoing baffles is a HUGE pita.

That was going to be the next step/question. I practiced on a cracked old 5gal a while back and pulling the baffle I put in was a huge pita