New rockwork scheme

hawkfish01

Well since i only have a shrimp in my 10 gal nano,Ive decided to re work my live rock to make room for some frags I will b getting within next two week time frame..pic schematic is crude but i think you will see what i want to do..8) Basically clearing the middle area out for an elegance and my hammer/frogspawn garden..should be able to get everybody comfy so no war mongering amongst residents..while making caves for future splendid dotty?or something else..not sure yet(though i would love some ideas!8) )post-2633703-137589246609_thumb.jpg

As always thx for any input8)

It seems fine to me as long as you are starting with small corals. I also worry about putting an elegance in the center of a 10g. My experience is that elegance are no always easy to keep. They kind of like mid to lower light so I think they do best towards the side of the tank but it really depends on your lighting and spread of the optics. 

Thx coralhind..the elegance is an aussie,not an indo(getting from exotic reef creations)the light spread is allowing mid level light(10000k) the par bulb on the right as facing tank is a slightly lesser watt than the left(left is a 27w bridgelux led 3blu 6 wht) i put all the "low/moderate light lps in the middle or on the right,my higher lights are on the left(favia,torch) everybody seem happy at the moment light wise.... Bridgelux has 60 degree optics,not sure on other,probably similar..spread isnt what would b usual because of shelving overhead had to mount lights on sides of tank instead of back..may try doing backmount with this remod i will let the corals tell me if need to change around mounts..seem to be ok right now... We shall see...8)

My last post was bfore i saw and heard my one light unit shorting out..back to t5 temporarily..getting d120 from ERC soon... Had to hold off on two frags i was going to get in order to get light..mom okd ceiling mount and we figured out how to do with one rafter attachment instead of two..my mom she smart and savvy..8) i will send pics of tank with t5 and new leds when i get those going... May still put one more piece of lr in... Its missing something... And yes that white rock you will see is a dead piece of LR... And look mom no tank lid!!( you bet im going to make sure that hangers tough!! Dont need the light swimmin with my shrimp!8) )

Looks like a good plan.

Put a pair of firefish in there.

Well heres a pic... Still a work in progress..need to hide heater more...? Or at least all but led readout..want open area for an elegance and a hammer..post-2633703-137605673116_thumb.jpgpost-2633703-137605674812_thumb.jpg

Yeha', as Coral said, can you move the heater up, ( It'll be in greater flow, which will Dissipate the heat better.)?
 then you could move the Sponge to the back middle, Slightly towards the side which has less Wattage you said?
 This will help allot.  :) And open up the front so you can put something smaller there, Which will make the Aquarium also Seem larger and Deeper.

I can move heater up.. Sponge i could put toward back middle.. Move torch where it was...will post pics afterwards..8)

WOOO... I'm Stoked to see how this is going to look. lol  :clap: 
I'm about to go to a BlockParty, but GAURENTEE this will be the first thing I check when I get back home. lol( Whenever that may be ;) )

Edited by TheyCallMeMr.703

I put the larger piece of rock in since it has a cave an nooks for frags..but i also moved the heater sponge and gorgonians and the torch.... There was no real shaded place for the sponge..and my mithrax crab cleaned it for me(hes pea sized..a baby...) post-2633703-137622103028_thumb.jpgpost-2633703-137622105347_thumb.jpg

And i still have room for elegance and my hammer can go on rock shelf..

I added a yellow cup frag today from incredible corals... Placed on front shelf of lr on right side..lites out so pics tomorrow or tuesday... May only add elegance now...

Heres the new pics and of the yellow cup..whatcha think so far??post-2633703-137633821945_thumb.jpgpost-2633703-137633823408_thumb.jpgpost-2633703-137633824936_thumb.jpg

Still need smalls in frontal area..any ideas?? Zoas/palys???

Thats what im thinkin too..i like the color varieties of both..may mix n match... Will keep eyes out for some i like..8)