Jebao Wave Maker

Oprah Wrangler

Hey All,

I just received a brand new WP-40 by Jebao in the mail.  What are the thoughts and experience on these units.  It is overkill for my 30 breeder but was purchased primarily for my future upgrade.  Thanks for the input.

I've had 2 running in my display for several months now. A few observations:

1) They move a ton of water. Obviously way too much for your 30 breeder. Even if you were able to dial them back to almost nothing, they're still physically too large for a 30 breeder.

2) Reliability - No issues with running either in the last few months, but the jury's still out on long term reliability.

3) They're large compared to an MP40 or an MP60, but you can direct the flow in the tank, unlike either of those.  I'd compare them more to a Tunze Stream than the MP's.

4) The built in controller is nice and very adequate for my needs. At present, I run one in continuous stream mode and, at the opposite end of the tank, run one in wavemaker mode.

5) The light sensor is the weak spot. It is supposed to reduce the flow at night. The light sensor does reduce the flow when the lights dim, but if it's in total darkness, the powerhead goes back to full power. This can be prevented with a moon light, though.

Thanks for the info.  We got it from ebay, brand new for 75.00.  After checking prices else where, I decided it might be worth a try.  I have a 55 gallon freshwater tank I am going to put it on for experimenting.  I wish they made one I could use on my 30 breeder.

I bought wp40 from fishstreet and used it for about 6 mos and the pump is stop working. Emailed fish street and they sent out a new pump the same day at no cost, I just paid for shipping. Hopefully the new pump last a little longer.

mine has been good so far

just make sure you give it a vinegar bath/run it in vinegar/water for a while...i ran mine in tap water and it turned BROWN...ran clear after the vinegar bath