Open Brain, stung by nem

YHSublime

So I have an Open Brain Coral that when fully open is about 10". My GBTA decided to walk about again a couple of day ago, and stung what appears to be a dime shaped hole in the OB. It has browned up with light brown... sawdust looking... protect ant? I took a baster and gently pushed it off, and there is just a hole there. In hindsight, I should have left it, but I thought it would help it heal. It has not swollen up like normal since. I'm sure it will heal, but I'm wondering if there are any precautions I should take or if there is anything I can do?

You did the right thing by blowing it off before it turned into "brown jelly" and spread over the coral. How does it look now? Keep it in good flow so no bacteria infection can spread. Holes and tears like that can heal if the coral is healthy.

My GBTA also stung my OB so I can relate; thanks for the advise Coral Hind.

I understand that Hammer's and Torch also have a pretty deadly sting.  What will happen if my BTA gets to my Hammer Frogspawns or Torch ?

Who will win ?

You did the right thing by blowing it off before it turned into "brown jelly" and spread over the coral. How does it look now? Keep it in good flow so no bacteria infection can spread. Holes and tears like that can heal if the coral is healthy.

It was incredibly healthy, no doubt in my mind it will heal quick. If it comes down to it, the GBTA is going. It's beautiful, but definitely easily replaceable, the OB is one of a kind IMO. Thanks for the advice. It's closed up around the hole now, in what appears to be a defense/healing mechacnim. It's slightly puffed up again today, I'd say it's on it's way.

The GBTA has been on the move for quite some time now, it can't seem to get happy like the RBTAs, strange.

My GBTA also stung my OB so I can relate; thanks for the advise Coral Hind.

I understand that Hammer's and Torch also have a pretty deadly sting.  What will happen if my BTA gets to my Hammer Frogspawns or Torch ?

Who will win ?

It's my understanding that the anemones will always come out on top.