Cleaning magnet for acrylic tank

steveoutlaw

What's the best one out there?  Can't reach the bottom of my tank and need to find a way to clean the tank without scratching the front panel.  Ideally, I'd like something with the Mr. Clean type of pad on the inside and outside (if there is such a thing). 

What have you had success with?

depends on how thick your acrylic is, but the algae free magnets are awesome.  I have had the great white and now use the tiger shark.  The only problem with the great white is that it doesnt float, so if you drop it you are going to have to go fishing.

I have 1" glass so use the tunze magnet cleaner...its definitely strong enough for you to use with a Mr clean sponge..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Go with the great white then.  I had it on my onld 1/2" tank and it was way to strong and could barely move it on the tank. 

I have the hammerhead algae free, does a great job. My only experience though.

I have 3/4" and I use a Mag Float 350. I buy velcro with the peel and stick backs and replace my pads every single time I clean the glass. I only use the soft loops and not the hook side of the velcro. The MF350 is not strong on 3/4" and would never hold the magic eraser but I prefer a magnet that isn't too strong as stronger magnets seem to cause more scratches from my experience.

Dave - What kind of pads do you use?  Are they the stock pads that come with it?

No, I picked up packs of white self adhesive velcro pads at WalMart, about 4"x2". They were for another project that never got used so now I use them on my magnet.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Symmetry-4pk-Hook-and-Loop-Pads-White/19478413