What kind of DI?

Guest Kimo

Guest Kimo

I am going to get an add-on DI cartridge for my RO so I can beat down the cyano monster.  Should I get the color-changing resin or non color changing resin?

It seems color-changing is easier to use, but does it have worse life/performance?  

Also - there are refillable cartridges available...Does anyone use these?  

What do YOU use?

Thanks!

Jamie

Jamie,

Since they both cost the same, it doesn't really matter I don't think.  I have a TDS meter so I check my water regularly.  The color changing stuff is still good for a little while past the color change, but only with a meter can you tell how much past.

I use the refillable catridges and resin refills from buckeyefieldsupply.com without any trouble.

Bob

I use the re-fillable stuff from buckeye field and supply.  No complaints- it is not color changing resin.

Guest Kimo

Thanks guys!  Man you're quick.

Does anyone need to get anything from buckeye?  I am going to place an order soon.

J

Jamie,

I posted this in another thread as well but am reposting here.

An alternative to Buckley's is www.inreef.com.  Their DI cartridge can be added on to the output line from your RO unit.  Inreef is cheaper than Buckley's and they have good service (I have ordered bulbs from them) but I don't know about their DI unit.

Eddi

Guest Kimo

Eddi -

do you have a link?  I couldn't find it on the site.

Thanks!

J

Jamie,

Try www.inreef.com/xcart/customer/home.php?cat=299

They don't have a picture but from what Joe told me over the phone all you have to do is connect your RO output line to it and another line as your new output to your container.

Eddi

I ordered from Buckeye Field Supply.

Got non-color changing resin, as the dyes in the color changing resin can make it into your water, so why do it if you are using a TDS meter?

Looks to me like the DI Cartridge I got from them WAS a refillable cartridge.  An added bonus.

s

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Kimo

Ok,

So to follow up - I went with the INREEF.COM DI cartridge as suggestd by Eddi.  

It's a great company, and I've bought bulbs from them before.

The DI is an inline type - like a RO membrane, and is not refillable (that I can tell!).  It is not the one with the unscrewable canister, etc.

My TDS was 34 or so before the DI, now it's 6.  I think I need to calibrate my TDS meter.

I'm pleased :)

Jamie