Anyone Tried 1000bulbs for MH bulbs-CHEAP

firecrackerbob

I don't run MH right now, but I've had Plus Rites over my old frag tank for years and they worked just fine. As Dave said above, read up on the coloration a little bit so you have an idea of how it compares with other lamps.

The plus rite color ratings are slightly over rated so if you like a 10k Kelvin rating you might want to order the 15k bulb. If you like a 15k look order the 20k bulb and if you like a 20k blue color then order another maker's bulb or use supplemental lighting. The good thing about these lower priced bulbs is that you can change them more often before a the bulbs output drops from age.

thanks!... yea thats about what I thought from your thread that you posted.  I decided for the price I would give both the 14K and 20K a shot.  Im switching back from pure t5 to t5/MH.  I have XM 10K over top but always used VHO actinic and T5 blue plus to blue it up a little from the yellow... im hoping that one of these bulbs will do about that without suplementation.

Since you're converting from 10k with supplementation, I suspect the 20k PlusRite will work for you. If you were switching from Radiums I'm not sure the PlusRite would ever be blue enough.