Brooklynella...

Oprah Wrangler

Hey there all,

I have a pair of clown and we believe Brooklynella has gotten a hold of my male.  Two weeks ago, my return pump died in the night.  Unfortunately I did not have time that morning to fix the problem.  I added an extra power head and tended to the tank when I got home.  The water clouded up substantially during this time but all recovered well once the pump was running again.  I think it was this stress that weakened his immune system.

Since the appearance of the fuzzy patch on his body, this guy has not changed a bit.  For the last two weeks he has been eating like a pig (as usual).  Save for the patch of fuzz, that has not grown or shrank, he does not seem symptomatic.  Respiration is strong, great feeding response, energy level and behavior are also WNL.  I have been observing very closely for the last 14 days, since the appearance of the patch.

I have a QT tank.  I am hesitant to remove the fish because I think he may be fighting the protozoan infection on his own.  I am afraid that moving him will weaken him again and give the bug the foothold it needs to over take my little friend.  What do you guys think?  All advice is welcome.  BTW, the fish were QT'd for 4 weeks before being added to the DT.

it is not brook. Brook kills fast, fish usually die on day 3 or 4.

http://atj.net.au/marineaquaria/brooklynella.html

http://www.chucksaddiction.com/disease.html

He probably has some sort of bactreial infection that should clear out on its' own.

I agree.just continue to observe. And it.s always a good idea to quarantine them.- a slow drip shouldn.t weaken him too bad. As long as parameters are close. You.ll be alright

Keep us posted on. What course of action you decide to take.