PSA: PG County Water Outage

Coral Hind

A large water outage is scheduled for southern Prince George's County starting this afternoon. If you need to do a water change or top off your ATO storage tank you better do it now. The system will take about 12 hours to drain down but once the water is completely off it could be off for about three days to fix the 54" main.

Here is a map of the affected areas: http://gisweb.wsscwater.com/waterrestrictions/

http://www.wtop.com/58/3389798/Days-without-water-for-Prince-Georges

Thank you Coral Hind.  Another example of one of the benefits of being a WAMAS member.

I really hope the WSSC gave a direct notice to those that will be affected.

It would be nice if they did notify everyone affected but with it being an emergency fix and such a large area I doubt they will go door to door.

Good point.  The last few storms Pepco called prior to the storms, I don't know if WSSC has the same capabilities.

Sounded like they were narrowly averting a big blowout.  Also sounds like they have to actually build roads to get back to the break location. 

The outage could last for anywhere between two and five days and will affect people living in Temple Hills, Morningside, Forest Heights and Oxon Hill. The interruption will also affect Andrews Air Force Base.

I'm glad that I live in LoudounCounty. If anyone needs water out there, I don't got a R/O, but your more then welcome to come by and get a fillUp here if needed. :)