Apex EB8 dead after thunder storm

bandr

The large thunder storms Friday took out our power. It also blew up many of our MOVs in surge suppressors and started a fire in a smoke detector (detector still worked well!).

Our Apex controller is OK, but the EB8 power strip does not work. It powers the controller but does not have any lights and, although it says it controls stuff on/off, the ports do not change.

I sent an email to Neptune, but I do not have much hope it is a reconfiguration issue. We stopped by Quantum last night but they do not stock them yet.

Does anyone know if a LFS stocks them?

Anyone have one to sell or loan?

Meanwhile, our air conditioner is dead - waiting on parts. We are adding ice bags every few hours to keep the tank temperature down.

Can you run a fan over the top of the tank....I have a chiller you can borrow... I'm in leesburg and can't see your location....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Ice is working OK for now. It is not as hot as it could be. Just freaken humid ... but the tank doesn't care. It can coast at night.

If they cannot fix the AC soon, I might take you up on your chiller offer. We are in Annandale.

Thanks. How does it hook up? I have never seen one. I guess we would put it in the filter loop? We are sumpless.

BRK showed up on the Neptune web site but their website said it is closed Monday. So I ordered one from BRS.

Neptune replied to my email. If powered by another source the controller might revive it. So far I have not found a 12V supply that fits in our vast collection of electronic junk.