3G Fluval Edge = Game Over :( - $250 (Out of Hobby)

rabbit

Hey guys, so I registered on this forum last year but never really got into posting much. I have had this 3G Fluval Edge since last August. I upgraded the lighting with the SuperBrite UltraBrite LED system via Ebay about six months ago and it honestly has worked wonders for growing anything I dropped in the tank. I also upgraded to a higher flowing canister filter since I had read back and forth that the stock Fluval filter was known to crap out after not too long. I traveled a lot for my job, and my (now ex-) girlfriend would look after the tank day to day, feeding and monitoring as I had the lighting set on a schedule since her hours varied at work downtown. She didn't know much more beyond that, so I didn't want to have to worry about a filtration failure while out of town. The canister has done the job just fine.

Here's a list, from what I can recall off the top of my head:

3G Fluval Edge

SuperBrite UltraBrite LED system

Zoomed Canister Filter

50W heater

Nano powerhead (powered down since the crash)

5 lb. of great LR pieces meticulously selected from Marine Scene

Too many frags to list

Cleaner shrimp

Blood/fire shrimp

Tiny false perc

anemone crab

various hermits & nass. snails

electric flame scallop

....I know I'm forgetting more, but this gives you an idea. She was beautiful!! :cry:

However, in April, I left for a few days to Florida to spend some time with my grandmother and some family who had come over from England, and to give the ex and I some space since her and I had been arguing quite a bit for the previous couple of weeks. Well, I came home after suggesting to her we take a few days of radio silence and think things out, and found the tank in ABYSMAL condition. I had lost just about everything, and everything that had died (livestock) had been removed, which led me to believe the ex, in one of her fiery Italian rages (she was here on a Visa as I had met her a few years back when backpacking), decided to unplug the tank. For however long, I do not know, but clearly suffocation set in. I was absolutely heartbroken, and that is when the girlfriend became the EX girlfriend, and was asked to immediately move out as I was paying for the apartment and utilities myself, anyway  (I've included a before & today pic of the Edge... *cringe*).

There were, however, SOME HOW, a few survivors including my pink goniopora frag, a red hermit and a few electric blue leg hermit crabs, so I've left the tank up and running ever since until I figured out what I wanted to do next. Well that time has come, and as it turns out, I am taking a new job in South Africa (random, yes). I resigned from my last job a few weeks ago, but I have been traveling NONSTOP for the last three weeks so I have had NO time to sell any of my things, so now I am moving it all into storage. But I would rather this tank go to someone who wants to continue it. The glass could obviously use a scraping with a razor and there is still some hair algae that can be plucked off the LR, but other than that things are stabilized and ready to get going again; just needs some love.

So basically, I first off want to sincerely apologize to any and all mods if this is breaking some sort of protocol and I BEG for their understanding, but the main fact is, I would really like to sell this tank off TODAY to someone who will appreciate it and actually knows what they're doing. I don't see any sort of For Sale portion of this forum, so any interested parties, please PM me ASAP so we can figure something out. I'm located in Tyson's Corner. This thread can be taken down tonight; I just want this tank to go to someone to appreciate rather than be shut down and placed in storage.

Thank you and I apologize if this is completely out of line...

post-2633379-0-86596600-1372523634_thumb.jpg

post-2633379-0-25914900-1372523825_thumb.jpg

I'm asking $250 if you can take it off my hands within the next few hours. You can have all the dried/frozen food & reef salt I've got laying around and whatever else I can find, as well.

With you're moving overseas and the "game over" title, I'm considering this a getting out of the hobby thread. Good luck in all you do.

Everyone can see it...the for sale area is members only...

Try Craig's list as well

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Moved to General Discussion will modify title, too.

Thank you, Origami. Much appreciated. I hope I didn't step on any toes posting this.

Good luck with the sale man..... hope to see you back.

Thanks!

With you're moving overseas and the "game over" title, I'm considering this a getting out of the hobby thread. Good luck in all you do.

It is, indeed, but only temporary. I've shut down a few times now and keep coming back. Starting out with only a 3G and keeping it that way was damage control for me. In college, I started with one tank, and ended up with five :P

Thank you, Origami. Much appreciated. I hope I didn't step on any toes posting this.

Thanks!

It is, indeed, but only temporary. I've shut down a few times now and keep coming back. Starting out with only a 3G and keeping it that way was damage control for me. In college, I started with one tank, and ended up with five :P

So you know the smaller tanks are MUCH harder to avoid catastrophes like this then right?  :mellow:

When you come back, go big!

So you know the smaller tanks are MUCH harder to avoid catastrophes like this then right?  :mellow:

When you come back, go big!

Haha oh yes. Much more meticulous, but I mean damage control in terms of how much money I blow at the LFS on my weekly visit. It only took a couple months before I was walking in and refusing items simply because I ran out of space. I figure once I'm more settled and slightly less nomadic, then I'm just going to blow it out, and build something ridiculous(ly large). ;)

Send me an offer, folks, I just want this thing out the door!

Man, sure would like to have the goniopra frag but looks like I am a little too late  :(

Yeah sorry.. Already took it back to Marine Scene :S

Why can't I find info on fluval making a 3g?  All I can see is 6g......

WOW, ok. My brain is officially fried from two consecutive days of rush-packing my life up and storing it. It is a 6G. THANK YOU for bringing this to my attention. I need sleep...