Powerhead advice

Djplus1

So I think I'm going in on the Jebao group buy, but I'm curious of what I actually need for my tanks. For those that don't know the Jebao WP40 is basically a tunze/vortech type pump, about the power of the MP40. There is also a WP25, a smaller version which I'm getting for my Biocube.

Basically anyone with knowledge of the MP40 can answer this question I'm sure. I want the WP40(s) for my 72g Bowfront. I currently have 2 Sicce Voyager 3 power heads controlled by Apex. Should I get one of these WP40's and use the two Sicce's? Or get two WP40's and use one or both Sicce's? 

The main goal is, I want to be able to have a true wave, which I think can be handled by one of these WP40's. The only thing holding me back from buying two is I don't believe I can slave one WP40 to another, so perhaps I would mess up my perfect wave if I went with two.

If anyone can tell me the best configuration using one or both Sicce's and one or both WP40's it would be greatly appreciated as I need to pull the trigger this weekend.

I don't have real world experience but based on what I'm reading on the RC thread, the WP40 (just one) will probably be strong enough to move your entire tank from one end of the room to another. No joke.

I don't have real world experience but based on what I'm reading on the RC thread, the WP40 (just one) will probably be strong enough to move your entire tank from one end of the room to another. No joke.

So I'll be able to see a nice wave, with the back and forth sloshing and all with just one? My rock work is not too expansive, but there is 100+ lbs of rock, would that affect the ability of one pump?

So I'll be able to see a nice wave, with the back and forth sloshing and all with just one? My rock work is not too expansive, but there is 100+ lbs of rock, would that affect the ability of one pump?

I would get the 12v-24v power supply for sure.  OR you may see one big nice wave with all of the water landing on the floor.  Joking....kinda...but from all I read they are very powerful.  

Just so you can see yourself, look at this link:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=21549977&postcount=771

It's 2 WP-25's in a comparable sized tank. Based on those videos' alone, I'm thinking 2 WP40s in your tank is way overkill unless you turn it way down. I know there are a few people on WAMAS that have the WP40 running on a large tank. Hopefully they can provide suggestions.

I would get the 12v-24v power supply for sure.  OR you may see one big nice wave with all of the water landing on the floor.  Joking....kinda...but from all I read they are very powerful.  

We'll see. The big question is going to be how many......

It's 2 WP-25's in a comparable sized tank. Based on those videos' alone, I'm thinking 2 WP40s in your tank is way overkill unless you turn it way down. I know there are a few people on WAMAS that have the WP40 running on a large tank. Hopefully they can provide suggestions.

WOW the little WP 25's have some serious power too. I hope they start making a WP 10 or a WP 5 soon or add a ton more control on these current ones other than buying the 12v-24v power supply 

Great post, you made up my mind for a future purchase!