Let's do something

JMsAquarium

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest maestro774

I have a 3lb rock loaded with purple mushrooms. If I can make the meet I'll drop it off and I'd be interested in buying some SPS. Otherwise I'll just donate the mushrooms.

I have a 3lb rock loaded with purple mushrooms.  If I can make the meet I'll drop it off and I'd be interested in buying some SPS.  Otherwise I'll just donate the mushrooms.

43482[/snapback]

Thanks

The list on the first post has been updated accordingly. :)

Guest rennfamily

A huge thank you to all. We've had an excellent weekend. My angel has been off the ventilator for just over 27 hours and has been moved to a regular room! So he is technically out of critical stage. He still has a long road ahead of him. When he is released from Children's, he'll be going to Kennedy-Krieger in Baltimore for another 4-6 weeks at least. Since Kennedy-Krieger is the best in the country we're so happy to get him in there. They still have no word on the total extent of his damage. However he's tracking voices with his eyes so his hearing is good. He's too young to test his eye sight well but they'll be trying a test on that soon. And as soon as his vocal chords recover we hope to hear him at least cry. Bobby is so blessed to have so many people thinking of him.

Thank you for everything that you have done.

Holly, joyful aunt to a true miracle.

Dear all,

Since I've joined Wamas, a couple of years ago, there have been countless of support among the members, when one of us was in need. We always help and are helped, that is the spirit of this club. I have been following this post in the For Sale forum tank for sale in so Md and I believe that we can do something about it. We are always buying and selling stuff, we also have stuff that we don't really need laying around. I humbly propose we organize a fund raising sale and the proceeds to be donated to the trust fund for this child. Whether the items are aquaria related or not doesn't really matter. What DOES matter is this child.

Let's pull together and help one of our own.

Thank you

JM

When: Sunday December 4th 2005, 2pm-5pm

Where: my place

JM Le Grand

3034 Graham Court

Falls Church, VA 22042

703-641-9599

Items list (will be updated on the fly):

Hardware:

Mag 3 pump (spoken for - Tri Bui)

20 gal tank (back as avail and I donate my $$ share to the fund)

40 gal breeder tank

46 gal bow front tank

20 gal acrylic sump, drilled with 2 bulkheads

Frags:

Blue tort

a few Purple with blue tip stag

green and orange cap

3lb rock loaded with purple mushrooms

Others:

Mangrove roots (spoken for - Folta)

Frozen food

Updated information on payments for above items and personnal contributions.

(02 November 2005)

Payments: As per the request of the family, all proceeds from the sale/auctionwill go to Kennedy Krieger Institute.

Personnal contributions: They are very welcome. Please check this link to  Kennedy Krieger Institute for further information.

(Edited: list as of 29 Oct 09:00PM - JM)

42838[/snapback]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Leishman

I am out of town that w/e and need someone to swing by and p/u the 46g bow front tank and what ever other stuff I can find.

LMK

Rik

I am out of town that w/e and need someone to swing by and p/u the 46g bow front tank and what ever other stuff I can find.

LMK

Rik

45626[/snapback]

PM sent

I'll be there. Plan on at least a donation, however I'm sure I can find something I need to help get my 58 up and running. Plus I need to meet everyone. I was just pointed to the thread, but lets go folks!!!! The more the merrier!!!!!

Zac

Guest Larry-T

I'll be there. I plan on donating a pair of Clarki Clowns.

Bumpy bumpy :)

Who's is coming? :)

45416[/snapback]

I will be there too. I was expecting that there would be some non-fish things for auctions too because of the nature of this.

1. I have one or two new items for a 3-5 year old. Are these permissible?

2. Can we bring gifts for the 13 month old?

FF

Guest alex wlazlak

hows he doing? thats terrible that somthing like that could happen to someone so young..i hope he'll recover and everything.

Guest maestro774

Are some of the items going to be auctioned off or is it first come first served?

I will be there too. I was expecting that there would be some non-fish things for auctions too because of the nature of this.

1. I have one or two new items for a 3-5 year old. Are these permissible?

2. Can we bring gifts for the 13 month old?

FF

45835[/snapback]

Of course, any items are welcome, fish or non-fish related, just post what you have in mind so people know. I am sure that gifts will be appreciated by the family as well.

Thank you

I have a 58g canopy and stand that I dont need anymore. I'm purchasing a custom stand and canopy from BRI Aquatics. If anyone is interested, I will bring it. It's a dark cherry stain. The canopy doors need new hinges, and the top of the canopy needs cleaned. The only other drawback is that the stand is rather small, and will only fit a 10g sump, unless you wanna build something custom out of acrylic.

Since it's rather cumbersome, I won't bring it unless someone is interested. If you are AT ALL interested, please let me know. I'll be happy to donate it to the sale.

Zac

Are some of the items going to be auctioned off or is it first come first served?

45841[/snapback]

I would like to do the auction when every one has arrived, so every one has a fair shot at all the items.

Also, bring your check books so we can write the payments directly to the funds attention :)