anyone selling setup or a book?

gmerek2

I have never owned saltwater setup. I have been addictively reading up on reef/fish keeping. Im looking to buy an aquarium. Need reccomendations on size. I am considering a 125g and would like top of the line equipment. I would also like to buy a book on reefkeeping. thanks :)

Welcome! I'm not sure what the best beginner book is currently but the Modern Coral Aquarium by Fossa/Nielson and The Reef Aquarium by Delbeek/Sprung still have a lot of info about the ideas behind successful reefs to be worth owning imo. They won't tell you what equipment to get but you'll get an understanding of the processes going on in your tank.

In terms of learning beyond that, I think a good idea is to go through the build threads and find tanks you like. Seeing what someone who has been successful has done in terms of equipment, livestock, and maintenance is very helpful in figuring out what you should do starting out. As you get more experienced, you can take what you like from various people and figure out your own way of keeping what you like.

If do you decide to get a setup, you can get the one advertised from fishie and sell all the sps (hard to keep) to decadence ( as he/she said in post).

And that's a nice system from the supply/stock list.