Please help me move my tank! Near Frederick MD, Saturday May 4th

wade

I tried to recruit some folks this past weekend, but that failed due to the Manhatten frag swap.

I'm so itching to have my tank in place so I can finish the setup. So, I am offering up burgers, dogs, drinks, etc on Saturday (this coming Sat) for lunch for anyone + families that are willing to help me move my old tank out and the new one in.

I'm about 15 miles north of Leesburg,VA; 10 miles south of Frederick MD. Zip is 21710.

Please (begging, knees and all) come out and help me move my tank. It isn't far to move it and 4 should be fine for the task.

Lemme know and I will provide more details.

Thanks all.

Do you have a specific time frame? I can swing by and help between 1-2PM. I must get back to take my kids to a Bd party. Please LMK if you can coordinate that time frame.

Awesome, thanks guys. I will plan on moving the tank at 1pm.

For anyone interested, I will make food at noon and you are welcome to arrive for that, just let me know.

We are going on a train ride with my 4 year old's classmates that morning, but if we can swing by at 1 I will do it.

I am doing a dog event in DC Saturday morning but depending on when it is over and if you still need help I can try to swing by

Thanks all!

Naggers are welcome to attend to nag, so long as they offer some advice on the correct alignment of the tank and stand (sorry, its the only task I could think of!). If you want to come out for something from the grill, let me know.

Not much entertainment value in two empty tanks, but it is what it is. I'll have to have a repeat next summer when the tank has some growth.

(edited)

I am planning on getting 2 furniture dollies to make this event a bit easier. I am also looking into glass suction cups to rent, which are amazing.

Not sure how well the straps would work with 4 people and I'm not game for doing it with 2. However, I just found that amazon sells 2 for less than $14. Not bad.

Edited by wade

I found and have scheduled to rent 4 glass suction cups and 2 furniture dollies. That should help make life far easier.

Anyone else available to help? Could use one more to make life easier.

Just putting this out there for anyone Helping Wade this Saturday. I was prompted to respond to Wade because I just finished an in wall build and spent more time waiting for help than actually working on it. Very frustrating.

That being said...I could use some frags as I am finally stocking my system. So if anyone has any frags or broken pieces available. Let me know what you have!

Flooddc, we haven't met yet, but you helped me replace a 40 breeder a few months ago that was broken in an unfortunate plumbing accident! Thank you very much. See you All Saturday!

Sent from my iPhone

Not that I'm in a position to help now, but I have many contacts that I plan to hit up for stuff once the tank is stable. I will certainly pass along frags to those that help out!

And thanks to those who have volunteered!!