Need to move tank 5 feet

Kingumar

I have a 120g well established tank that i need to move from its current location to the other corner which is about 5 feet. I need some suggestions and guidance on how to go about it.

The tank has rock structure with corals which i cant take off but i can pull those rock pieces out if needed.

I was thinking about removing the plumbing, draining the sump and tank. Im sure ill have to take the tank off the stand to avoid breaking the stand which means the water and rock needs to come out as well. I can put all the lps and softies in a small holding tank but im hoping the sps will do okay staying out of water for the time i move the tank and refill it.

This will be done tonight so please let me know what experience you have moving thanks. I really dont hope to disturb too much in regards to redoing everything.

Short pieces of PVC work well to roll the thank as well. Use three pieces so you always have two under it or it will teeter when is goes past the center... I drained my 180 and had my SO help me lift the edge of the stand and then rolled the first piece under with my foot. Happy to help too if you are close by.