How long does it take for SPS to take off in your aquarium?

Neto

i think that depends on what lighting they came from and where they were in their tank...I always try to ask that when I get frags or if they post a fts i can see for myself....

True. I ask that question too but I cannot always provide the same environment as where the mother colony was e.g. lighting Led vs Halide,

another reason to QT and dip more than once is that many pests lay eggs that are not killed by dipping (ie AEFW). You have to know what you are looking at to spot eggs and you still might miss some. Breaking it off the plug helps, but might not get all the eggs.

another reason to QT and dip more than once is that many pests lay eggs that are not killed by dipping (ie AEFW). You have to know what you are looking at to spot eggs and you still might miss some. Breaking it off the plug helps, but might not get all the eggs.

I read somewhere on RC that Bayer kills AEFW but im not sure about the eggs. What if you brush all SPS frags with a soft paint brush (wet), will it remove them?

No, the eggs are naturally "glued" on and will not come off with a soft brush. They can be scraped off or superglued over, though. They will not be attached to live coral tissue, only the dead skeleton or on the plug. They are usually near the bottom on the underside of a lower branch and/or at the bottom of the main "trunk" of the frag in a dead area.

No, the eggs are naturally "glued" on and will not come off with a soft brush. They can be scraped off or superglued over, though. They will not be attached to live coral tissue, only the dead skeleton or on the plug. They are usually near the bottom on the underside of a lower branch and/or at the bottom of the main "trunk" of the frag in a dead area.

Good info thanks!