APEX Controller / Moonlight Questions

Orion

I think I got it....

Fallback off

OSC 00:00/3:00/57:00 Then ON

Yes. That will energize the top off system for 3 minutes every hour. During this time, the top off pump will turn on for up to 3 minutes to replace evaporated water. If you notice that it's not keeping up with evaporation, then you'll need to increase time the pump is on and decrease the time it's off if you want to keep the hourly schedule. For example, on for 4 and off for 56.

Excellent... I didnt get much sleep last night with our 1 month old so I am a little slow this morning. Thank you SO much!

3 Minutes on should be just fine as this is just a 30gal tank.

Now only if I can get email alerts to work! :D

very easy and many ways to do it.

Option 1: You could just set a specific time that the ATO stays on using on of the preprogrammed functions:

OUTLETNAME

SET OFF

If time = xxxxx Then ON

If Time = xxxx Then OFF

Option 2: You could also use the OSC or DEFER command.

Option 3: do the above and also create a "Dummy outlet". That would be added to your ATO code to be used as a timer. If you need the code, let me know

Now only if I can get email alerts to work! :D

Page 14 in their manual tells you how to set up email from the Apex. You will need to get some information from your Internet Service Provider, though. Namely, the SMTP server address and port. Plus you need an email account set up with them. (You don't have to use it for anything else, though, if you don't want.)

Once you have that working, set up the alerts. That's covered later in the manual.

(edited)

Page 14 in their manual tells you how to set up email from the Apex. You will need to get some information from your Internet Service Provider, though. Namely, the SMTP server address and port. Plus you need an email account set up with them. (You don't have to use it for anything else, though, if you don't want.)

Once you have that working, set up the alerts. That's covered later in the manual.

I see it now. Looks like Gmail doesnt work due to SSL. I'll use the GMX email them.

Edited by Orion

I see it now. Looks like Gmail doesnt work due to SSL. I have FIOS so ill try my verizon email

That's what I do. I don't use my Verizon email except for the controller. Unfortunately, I can't get to my Apex from work otherwise I'd give you the settings.

GMX is good. Just remember to forward the emails to your email. I would give you a screen shot too, but it is blocked here too :)

Verizon actually worked over GMX for me.. go figure :)

Text Message and all.

Someone ask me why I didn't invest in a controller in the beginning? This is such a powerful tool...

One last question for this morning... How come the APEX is measuring a PH when I have no PH probe plugged in?

It's open circuit. The device is measuring a voltage at the input. Even though there's no probe, there's a voltage there. Just ignore the value since there's no probe attached.

In case anybody's wondering, here's how to set up email on Verizon. The primary address to send alerts in this case is a text message to a cell phone (max length is160 characters I think). The alternate email is any secondary email address that you want to send alerts to - gmail for example.

gallery_2631296_685_48108.jpg

If you check the "email test" box before saving the settings, the Apex will send a test message out so you can verify everything is working.

Again great info im using just about all the information on here and I am in the same shoes as I also just purchased an apex. Please keep the information coming.