25G Cube Build

Shoelace

I would be impressed too, if I had more pictures...maybe a movie of the soundless overflow?

:)

Lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Interested in a video. I can't hear anything at all from my glass holes.

I'll get a video up, I promise...

It's not really as much as the overflow only that makes less noise, it's also the return into the sump. No air gets into the return line at all so there are no bubbles, no noise, no gurgling, and IMHO, best of all, less salt creep. I can't even tell that water is moving in my sump. It's so different from my prior durso's. Of course, it's only been a couple of days so I don't know how much of a pain it will be to keep Herbie fine tuned, so we shall see.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a slow process. :)  I just transferred my zoas from my pico in to see how they fare, but I haven't really arranged them nicely yet.  I'm probably going to have SPS up high and zoas down low.  I need to clean up the cabinet wiring and eventually add a door.  The Nano Herbie is working really well.  I found out I can't use the ebay SC-65 skimmer at my low sump water level.  I'm going to get a Reef Octopus BH50.

P5280008_zps76462fb5.jpg

P5280007_zpsf07d79d6.jpg

P5280006_zpsf2979cf9.jpg

P5280005_zpsccf6af7a.jpg

P5280001_zps5b682517.jpg

nice rocks. is that an ato box to the right of your stand?

Yes. I will be moving it behind the wall (there is a closet on the other side of the drywall).

Very nice! 

Is that the 5G deep blue tank for you sump or did you decide to go with a different tank?

Thanks. No, it's a 12" 7.5G cube I had from a prior project.

I just got my Reef Octopus BH50 and so far it really rocks! Great build quality and the pump's Venturi seems very effective. Not too loud either.

I would be impressed too, if I had more pictures...maybe a movie of the soundless overflow?

:)

Better late than never.  The first couple of shots are representative of the noise level.  The last shot is right over the sump and it's exaggerating the return pump and the skimmer noise.  But I think you all know what the level of a typical skimmer is so you can "calibrate" it with your own ears  :laugh:

http://vimeo.com/67346212

I got a new camera a little while back, Olympus EPL-5 mirrorless micro-four-thirds.  I'm just starting to learn how to use it.  This is with the kit lens and cropping but I think I will buy a macro adapter.

Zoas_zps261244a6.jpg

Nice shot! Enter something in pic of the month!

Nice shot! Enter something in pic of the month!

LOL, thanks, but I don't think I'm there yet.  My Jedi training is not yet complete.

Of course you're there! Gotta play to win!