Power head cleaning

motti

The power head is pretty much the only place in my tank that algae grows now, once in a while I turn it off to let my lawnmower Benny clean it

rede5eny.jpg

I would suggest cleaning all equipment on a regular basis. This way you can SEE if the pump is running correctly and avoid any disasters. Anyways i would guess a clean powerhead performs better and will last longer in the long run.

I would not spend 400 on a new powerhead just to throw it in the tank and let it clog up while the flow is diminished more and more from crud. If you let it sit forever, it will be harder to clean and easier to break.

i really like the magi-klean tablets from hydor. awesome fizzing action to see that calcium stuff lift right off. cheap too! check it out...

i really like the magi-klean tablets from hydor. awesome fizzing action to see that calcium stuff lift right off. cheap too! check it out...

That's pretty amazing, does it also smell like vineger? (my wife can't stand the vineger smell)

That's pretty amazing, does it also smell like vineger? (my wife can't stand the vineger smell)

yeah its cool stuff and a little goes a long way. no odor is present with its use.