fittings for Reeflo Blowhole

AlanM

The Reeflo Blowhole comes with half of a threaded 1" union fitting already installed on the input and output of the pump body. To reduce input suction and output pressure I'd like to plumb it with 1-1/2" PVC, so I'd like to find a 1" male thread x 1-1/2" socket fitting. It exists, as a 436-133 from Spears, but it's an uncommonly used one, so Lowes/HD don't carry it. Online places I've found like pexsupply.com and flexpvc.com carry it, but it's about $10 shipping.

Are there any good local fitting stores? I am going to call the Gaithersburg pool supply place that I got my Flex PVC from on the off chance that they'd have it because I know some pool supply places carry stuff that isn't commonly used for plumbing.

Thanks.

To easily make it work you could use a 1" male thread x 1" female slip adapter then get a 1" x 1 1/2" Bushing Lowes has both of these fittings

Yeah, i was trying to avoid a fitting zoo.

Check with Justin at Avast. They order fittings in quantity so if they don't have it you might be able to piggyback on an order to reduce your shipping costs.

I didnt want to bug Justin with something like this. Fergusons is close, so I can check with them. I called contemporary watercrafters who said "we have those, Ill set two out for you" so I schlepped over there and they were 1-1/2" thread adapters, not 1 x 1-1/2. Annoying wild goose chase. I heard there was a good pool supply off 355 north of clarksburg and south of ijamsville. You know what that one would be, Richard?

Check with Justin at Avast. They order fittings in quantity so if they don't have it you might be able to piggyback on an order to reduce your shipping costs.

I didnt want to bug Justin with something like this. Fergusons is close, so I can check with them. I called contemporary watercrafters who said "we have those, Ill set two out for you" so I schlepped over there and they were 1-1/2" thread adapters, not 1 x 1-1/2. Annoying wild goose chase. I heard there was a good pool supply off 355 north of clarksburg and south of ijamsville. You know what that one would be, Richard?

I'm in the pool business, forget about pool stores. I'm thinking you might be talking about Browning Pools? I don't think they'd have it. Go to Harringtons website if Furgesons doesn't have it and if you find it there I can get it at about 50% of list and free next day drop off to my office. You could pick it up from me in Gaithersburg if so. If you ever need something from Contemporary, make sure you ask for Howard, he owns the place. Hopefully he wasn't the one you talked to but he makes mistakes sometimes as well.

spend the 10 bucks on shipping and be done with it. get 4 while you're at it.

Yeah, just hoped someone would have a magical local source that I didnt know about.

I need a buncha fittings, so maybe I will just get them all

I'm in the pool business, forget about pool stores. I'm thinking you might be talking about Browning Pools? I don't think they'd have it. Go to Harringtons website if Furgesons doesn't have it and if you find it there I can get it at about 50% of list and free next day drop off to my office. You could pick it up from me in Gaithersburg if so. If you ever need something from Contemporary, make sure you ask for Howard, he owns the place. Hopefully he wasn't the one you talked to but he makes mistakes sometimes as well.

Well, Harrington Industrial Plastics has everything I'd need for sure. If you're willing to do it and Ferguson's doesn't have it, I'll put a part list together for you and would gladly pick it up at your office.

Will do. Thanks a lot. Will take me a while to get my act together because if I'm going to put you through the trouble I'll want to do a bit of planning.

(edited)

Will do. Thanks a lot. Will take me a while to get my act together because if I'm going to put you through the trouble I'll want to do a bit of planning.

Honestly, its not much trouble as they deliver to my office every few days and I have a simple way of ordering. Also, no need for you to pick up at my office, I live in Montgomery Village and my office is in Columbia.

Edited by swimmatte

To easily make it work you could use a 1" male thread x 1" female slip adapter then get a 1" x 1 1/2" Bushing Lowes has both of these fittings

this is how I ended up plumbing mine. the fitting that came with it snapped when barely tightened. this imo is the most secure and easiest way of doing it.

this is how I ended up plumbing mine. the fitting that came with it snapped when barely tightened. this imo is the most secure and easiest way of doing it.

ohaverd, I'm not understanding how you ended up doing what Richard said above if you didn't use the 1" female thread that came with the pump.

You mean that the black union type fitting with the 1" NPT female thread that came with the Blowhole snapped?

I emailed them to ask if I could just thread a 1-1/2" NPT onto the thread on the pump body and get rid of the 1" female NPT part since the thread is very close to 1-1/2" NPT. They said "please don't" because the seal is intended to be made using a gasket with that union fitting and the thread is a parallel one, not NPT, so I'd just wreck the pump body if I did that. Is that what you did?

ohaverd, I'm not understanding how you ended up doing what Richard said above if you didn't use the 1" female thread that came with the pump.

You mean that the black union type fitting with the 1" NPT female thread that came with the Blowhole snapped?

I emailed them to ask if I could just thread a 1-1/2" NPT onto the thread on the pump body and get rid of the 1" female NPT part since the thread is very close to 1-1/2" NPT. They said "please don't" because the seal is intended to be made using a gasket with that union fitting and the thread is a parallel one, not NPT, so I'd just wreck the pump body if I did that. Is that what you did?

ya I didnt read thoroughly when I replied... but ya, after the black union that came with it broke, I went to home depot and was able to use PVC fittings to replace it. I dont know the names of all the fittings, I just kind of stand there with a confused look on my face and try to fit pieces together until I get what I need. Just take the pump with you to HD. I think its a 1-1/2" female then an adapter that takes it down to 1" and then the 1" male. Something like that.

Edited by ohaverd