Davy Jones' Skimmate Superlocker

Hi there

I am about to order this but am at a standstill currently...I have an Apex I haven't even taken out to the box yet (I might just crack it open tomorrow if I get the self esteem to think I can actually use this thing)

When ordering I like the idea of having the digital output for the neptune on it ....but if I don't hook it up right away is this still usable as is for now or does it have to be hooked up to the Apex to work?

Is there some kind of programming language I will have to input to use this with the Apex?

thanks!!!!

finger on the check out button so I can get this taken care of ;)

Without hooking it to the apex its just a big trash can for skimmate. Less emptying of the skimmer cup. I have one I haven't hooked up yet because I have a light bio load for now so not alot of skimate. I def will be hooking it up to my controller soon.Its just a safety precaution so the skimmate doesn't overflow it shuts the skimmer down when its full.

but if you wanted to use it right now and not hooked up to your controller could you? I have a huge skimmer (MRC MR2R) and when it overflows it really seriously overflows....so the value for me just to have it stop that is worth it and at some point hooking it to the controller is gravy....

Yep. Just gotta keep an eye on it for overflow when its full as the skimmer will keep producing until hooked to the controller

ahhhh ok so there is no auto shut off unless it is hooked up to the apex? I was hoping it still had that feature and the apex part was just a bonus...

That is correct

(edited)

bummer lol...so the pressure is on to get that apex running...seems silly to order the locker without that feature since its pretty cool

thanks for your help!!

Edited by sachabballi reef

I just hooked my controller up recently and only use it for the basics but its really nice to just look at the screen for everything. I probably won't do anything hardcore with it but I still would highly recommend it. Get to it, you'll be happy tou did.lol

For me, the email alert that the skimmer is full/off is one of the main reasons we developed the product in the first place. Turning off the skimmer to prevent a nasty overflow is nice, but knowing about it the second it happens (so you can call your tank sitter when you're on vacation) is even better. I'd get the Apex hooked up first. It's not too hard and a lot of us here will help you with all the various programming options. Make sure to save a spot on your energy bar for the skimmer pump.

oooh I can't imagine how much it would cost me to have the pet sitter dump that sludge LMAO....

alright...alright....tomorrow's project is the Apex....but you are going to have to walk me through it like I am a 4 year old....lol...

off to place my order...

THANKS!!!!!!!