Mp 10 on bottom of tank

zygote2k

I really want to use an MP10 to generate current in my cube but all of the sides are too thick- but the bottom is 3/8" pvc. Does anyone know of any drawbacks to the placement of the mp10 on the bottom?

How thick is the wood under the bottom of your tank. If it's too think you would have to cut a hole it in first. Might be a little tricky with a full tank. Other than that the only thing I can think of is sand getting in it all the time and possibly damaging/clogging it. I bet on pulse mode it would certainly help keep waste suspended in the water column so it makes it to the overflow.

I agree re debris, also you may have alignment issues and trouble holding the dry side in place.

Other than that, go nuts! I think the idea is cool.

I forgot about holding the dry side in place. I'll have to rig something up to affix it securely. No sand in this tank, only Big Sur beach gravel.

Easy to get to the bottom of the tank- it's completley exposed except for 4 runners that support it on the stand.

Rob,

Here is idea to hold that dry side on the bottom of the tank.

62f25a2b75fd715f8adfa0eacf8cfb7c_zps6e98ffa8.jpg

This is how I hold the MP40 on the back of my tank. If it falls off, it is really hard to get back on, so I took extreme measures. I use hot glue to hold the plywood cutout to the tank. It is secure but I can easily pop it off with a putty knife if I ever take down the tank. The Velcro straps are sold at Lowes as wire organizers