Neptune (Apex) Droid App

Mando77

I wanted to see what everyone thought about this new app. I have an iphone and have grown tired of it, I want a bigger better smart phone and the only reason I have kept the iphone is because the neptune app is great. So if this new Droid app is the same or works easily I will upgrade in near future.

Seriously though the Samsung Galaxy 4 and the HTS One are iphone killers. You cant even compare.

The new Droid app from Neptune is decent and a lot more stable than the old one done by HeneryH. The interface is clean and performance is very good. I run it on an older HTC Rezound (rooted and unlocked) running a non-stock ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich) ROM (EclipticRez by Hawknest). Wait a bit and I'll post up some screen shots.

Here are some screen shots taken from my phone this morning.

gallery_2631296_685_560.jpgHome screen widget

gallery_2631296_685_8430.jpgController selector screen. You can control multiple Apex units with the app.

gallery_2631296_685_5901.jpgOutlet status screen.

gallery_2631296_685_22254.jpgExample of a graph.

gallery_2631296_685_11784.jpgOutlet Control screen.

gallery_2631296_685_12227.jpgOutlet programming screen.

Tom-

Are you able to reliably control outlets using the app? Mine is spotty at best.

Yes. I've never had trouble with this app since installing it earlier this month. The old app was unstable (and sometimes slow) with my ICS ROMS but was more stable under Gingerbread. In fact, I took the pictures shown above over the course of a couple of minutes after pulling my phone from a locker here at the office. While I do control the outlets from time to time using the phone, most of the time I'm just using it to check on the tank. Sometimes I'll play around, though. I've got a camera in my fish room (that I can get to over the phone) and sometimes I'll turn something on just to observe that things are working fine.

Thanks, that looks better than my iphone. So glad that Neptune did this.

They've got this app for iOS, too. Maybe you're running an old version? Look here.

Tom-

How did you get the widget to show up on your home screen? All I can get is the app button. I am not very versed in android, I just text and play games. Mine's running Ice Cream Sandwich as well.

I have an HTC device and still run their Sense interface. I hold my finger on the screen and add a widget instead of an app or a shortcut from the resulting screens that pop up. It should be very similar on your phone, I would think. Once you select Widget, scroll until you find the Apex widget and select it.

Does this app work with the Aquacontroller 3? I think I tried to install it once before and couldn't get it to work. Not sure whether it was operator error, or if it's only for Apex.

The old one from HeneryH did. I don't know about this one. It's worth somebody giving it a try, though. I don't have an AC-III any longer, otherwise I would have tried it. If anyone has an AC-III that's accessible from the outside, then please give it a try (or send me a PM and we'll arrange my giving it a try).