ANEMONE MOVE AROUND

reef addict

I wouldnt worry to much (other than about that powerhead)...they get bored i think...and if there isnt alot of rock work where they were attached to move around on they leave that to try somewhere else...

I have an rbta one a large rock structure that move all over it....some days he likes more light, some less, some more flow...hes very crazy!

I know. What suprise me is that been in one spot for quite sometime, then decided to take a tour. I turned off that power head already. Don't know what kind of anemone is this. But I have 2 more RBTA. Should I go ahead place it on the rock or just leave it until find comportable spot?

I know. What suprise me is that been in one spot for quite sometime, then decided to take a tour. I turned off that power head already. Don't know what kind of anemone is this. But I have 2 more RBTA. Should I go ahead place it on the rock or just leave it until find comportable spot?

I they are the same one I saw last week! they are Rose BTAs!

Sure Chuck, I will sell u 1, when time comes. I know you want that rose bubble.

They move around and usually ended back to the original spot. It might sting corals around it!Just watch it.

Edited by flooddc

I have one for a long time that was at the same spot forever then she decided to move and she is in this spot for few months already however she never open up like she used to. she kinda shrinked . its weird...

When they move around like that, specially when they go to your glass, instead of your rocks, do you have to turn off your power head? I have 3 and one of the PH is the MP40 and it comes with some kind of cover. BUt the other 2 PH been off for 2 days now. Should I leave them off until NEMS attached to a rock and is it safe to turn them on?

hmm! CJ did you just PU a hollywood stunner? is is anywhere near the anemone? hollywood stunner have a super long tentacles (at least 4-5 inches long or more).

When they move around like that, specially when they go to your glass, instead of your rocks, do you have to turn off your power head? I have 3 and one of the PH is the MP40 and it comes with some kind of cover. BUt the other 2 PH been off for 2 days now. Should I leave them off until NEMS attached to a rock and is it safe to turn them on?

Unless the 2 PH flows are directly at the nems, should be fine to turn back on. If it move too close to the MP40 (nem chopper!), I would move the nem away.

I think you should be concerned. IME, when rbta's start to move around its because they are unhappy w/their surroundings for some reason. And anything they touch will die. In addition, splitting is not necessarily a sign of a healthy bta.

I would be concerned. My RBTA moved after being for 2 years in the same spot. It ended up in the mp40 and made the water nasty. Did you do any changes to the tank? I changed lighting in mine.