Receiving lrg red haddoni !! Need accilantion tips ??

lsingh

I been In hobby for last 7 years and have kept several bubble tips over the years ...my current tank is 72x33x27 lightly stocked with anthias wrasses and couple clowns and couple tangs ....

Few Sps Lps and softies rock work is mainly on right side of the tank and got an open area on left side giving my fishes open water to swim ...I just purchased a lrg haddoni last night which I might receive it next week ....

Need acclimation tips please how to deal with this big animal

I am running 3x400 watts of halides( old school ) and have roughly about 4" deep sand bed

Tank is been running since last April ...

I would use a slow acclimation method like a drip method. I would decrease the light intensity for the first few days and slowly bring them back to normal so as not to shock it. I would do a nice size water change just before it gets here to make sure the tank parameters are right on. I would also clear out ahead of time and prepare the spot you want to place it. It should be placed in or near the sand bed. Most will secure their foot to the glass bottom of the tank.

400w MH might be old school to some but for a haddoni I think it's the best choice out there.

Good luck and share some pictures!

I use drip acclimation on all my live stock. On the side note, make sure you don't have any shrimp (especially peppermint), otherwise they are food for the anemone!

I agree with everything Coral Hind mentioned above. Best place for a haddoni is on the sand bed by the rock. It will dig itself under the rock and all the way to the glass bottom. Wear gloves when handling the animal.

You can read more in the Anemones FAQ sticky on ReefCentral, which I co-wrote :)

http://reefcentral.c...d.php?t=1381958

Edited by marinap

FWIW, you've just bought a big fish eating anemone with really powerful sting. I have a Blue Haddoni and it has already eaten about $500 worth of fish....

So far I've lost a yellow belly hippo, borbonius anthias, yellow watchman, and a mandarin goby to my red haddoni....If you're a fish person and get attached to your fish, then it's best to stay away from them...