Picture of mixed reef

Valeria

Sharing a picture of my tank before I upgrade.

DSC03743_zpsc35d4bf3.jpg

I will upgrade soon, however I have yet to decide if I will tear the tank down completely and set up the new tank. Second option would be to move the corals over to the new tank (with as much as the water rock etc) and hope for the best. Past experiences have thought me option 2 is not the best so I figured I would share a picture.

Looks amazing Carla...what's the round purple coral in the middle bottom of the tank?grape cap?...

Nice! Looks perfect. Also interested to hear why you're moving to another tank, and what type?

Argh, I hate moving tanks. Best way I've found is to set up a new tank and run it like you were starting a new system, bringing over items somewhat slowly from the first tank. The worst damage typically comes from the sand-disturbing even a shallow sandbed can throw a ton of nutrients into the water column. IMO, start the new tank, bring over a few hardy corals/fish, then do the rest of the coral in one shot.

Thank you for the compliments.

very nice looking tank. how big of a tank are you thinking of getting?

I'm thinking about a 300 gallon bowfront.

Looks amazing Carla...what's the round purple coral in the middle bottom of the tank?grape cap?...

the purple thing in the middle is a purple sponge, it does have cap features... very interesting coral.

Nice! Looks perfect. Also interested to hear why you're moving to another tank, and what type?

I'm looking to upgrade since I'm out of space for fish and corals

Looking good! What are your plans to upgrade?

It's all up in the air right now, but think I will be using the 300 gallon bowfront.

Very nice. I'd be tempted to work it so that your new tank cycles 4-6 weeks before shifting over that beautiful livestock if at all possible.

Argh, I hate moving tanks. Best way I've found is to set up a new tank and run it like you were starting a new system, bringing over items somewhat slowly from the first tank. The worst damage typically comes from the sand-disturbing even a shallow sandbed can throw a ton of nutrients into the water column. IMO, start the new tank, bring over a few hardy corals/fish, then do the rest of the coral in one shot.

Thank you for the advice, that is what I'm thinking about doing.

Here is one more picture.... funny how the iphone takes better pictures!

IMG_0078_zps6eb8614e.jpg