What's a cool funky fish to have in a 5.5g?

wardragonet

Id go with a tiny painted frogfish if you can find one... though it will outgrow that tank in about a year...

or depending on what else your going to have and how deep of a sand bed you want to deal with a jawfish or pistol shrimp and goby pair would be cool!

Myself, im debating between moving my maxi-minis and putting sexy shrimp in with my green clown goby or doing a debelius reef lobster :)

Edited by smallreef

In my 5 gallon I had a frogfish. I now have a small eel. You could also get a small fuzzy dwarf lionfish.

More traditional but still cool fish wise would be a yellow priolepsis, a goby/pistol pair, a pair of small gobies such as some ORA zebras or red heads.

Ask your LFS to special order one. Petland has a very small one in right now. Be sure to look up how to keep a frogfish. They can be pretty touchy. DO NOT overfeed. Food size should be the distance between the fish's eyes and it should get that no more than twice a week.

Another cool fish is a coral gumdrop croucher

In my 5 gallon I had a frogfish. I now have a small eel. You could also get a small fuzzy dwarf lionfish.

More traditional but still cool fish wise would be a yellow priolepsis, a goby/pistol pair, a pair of small gobies such as some ORA zebras or red heads.

I'm doing research on all of em,

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

couldn't find the frogfish so I got the fuzzy dwarf, he was a awesome deep burgundy in the store and instantly got pissed and faded lolpost-2633469-13580401103_thumb.jpgpost-2633469-135804012539_thumb.jpgpost-2633469-135804014037_thumb.jpg

What happens if it eats more than twice week?

Frogfish digest food so slowly that if they eat too much or too big of a meal, it can decompose in their stomachs before it is digested. They then bloat and slowly die. It's what happened to mine unfortunately (I think it was too big of a meal).

He just needs to get comfortable....plus you have the lights on...he wants some quiet get used to his new house time...
he's been exploring more and more I tried feeding him shrimp on a stick but he wasn't going for it

Awesome choice! Where did you get him from? Glass shrimp are usually easy to find and are decent at least for food. To get him on frozen, skewer the frozen fish/whatever you feed on some fishing line and then wiggle the line in front of him. That usually works pretty well!

Awesome choice! Where did you get him from? Glass shrimp are usually easy to find and are decent at least for food. To get him on frozen, skewer the frozen fish/whatever you feed on some fishing line and then wiggle the line in front of him. That usually works pretty well!
I got em from House of Tropics, couldn't find the shrimp you mentioned so I got Silversides and Krill, see if he'll go for it

usually even petco will have glass shrimp... you can do the fish line or a skewer and put the silverside or krill on and shake it like its swimming in front of his face...

keep up on the water changes and they are VERY messy after eating.. and you wont need to feed every day even if he wants it (unless you are able to start cutting them in half or smaller)