An awesome MACNA!

Jon Lazar

Guest RastaMan

I did get to hang out with Bob fenner to 3ish Friday night. Great time. Paid for it Sat.

I saw nothing but the registration booth so I would definitely be in for something.

39234[/snapback]

You guys manning the booth were pretty heroic.

Sucks some vendor left the t-fish dead in stairs. :(

39238[/snapback]

It's just weird. Seemed like more effort to carry it over and hide it in the stairwell than toss it in a dumpster.

The WAMAS Member ThankYou list is Way too long. Our club has put quite a stamp of success on MACNA. I met a lot of new faces from our club and the spirit of volunteerism was very humbling. I thank all of you who helped out.

First and foremost in my mind is a personal thank you to Craig Kuhn. Without you, we all would have fallen on our collective -sses. 2am setting up FRAGexchange? wow... I'm grateful for your friendship and partnership in running this event.

Dave Sandstrom, Michael Gerdes: The speakers and coordination were absolutely top notch

Doug Arthur and Aaron Klein: You guys made internet and audio/visual look easy

Rastaman and Lito: I can't say how much I appreciate the hours you spent at registration

Doris and Nathan Gaub: T-shirts, Gift shop and raffle. What a huge job. What an incredible success.

Tamie DeWitt: Gala banquet and desert reception. Yummy. Need I say more?

Glen Rosenbluth: General volunteer management and "get it done" guy. Thanks.

Moderators: Chip, and all the others that I don't know of, these sessions stayed on time and people loved the way it flowed.

Club members: During setup, tear down, I got nothing but smiles, high fives, appreciation, and "these guys are heros" from the vendors.

If I forgot someone, I apologize. I'm a bit space and tired. What an effort by all.

steve

Turns out our winner had made an arrangement with the Hotel staff to have it brought up to the loading dock. She was to figure out packaging and shipping and have it sent away today. The staff was really kind and moved it from the garage to the loading dock.

All should be well on that front.

Drat. I wanted it! :P

Steve

The Oceanic 144 winner FINALLY showed up about 7:30 last night. 

The 220 had not yet picked up. Some ouf us had to get because we had livestock. I'd love to know if a gorgeous 220 was still down in that parking garage this morning.  As Steve had to stay at the hotel for the next conference (ugggghh!), I'm sure he was keeping an eye on it.

I was very impressed with the numbers in the conservation and education tracts. I think it goes to show that the message is getting out, and starting them out young will continue this trend.

I have pics I need to resize, and I'm sure I can fill pages from this experience later.

39201[/snapback]

Guest Larry-T

Steve suggested that we try to post some photos of the raffle table to show people what they missed. What's interesting is that this heavily loaded raffle table did not include the livestock, some of the larger prizes, and additional items which came in after the raffle started. I heard estimates as high as $50,000 for the full value of all the stuf handed out at the raffle:

Bear with me. I took these with a low-end camera and then lightened and resized the photos with Photoshop Elements.

salt.jpg

Let's start with two prizes, each containing 24 CASES of salt.

Now some shots across the raffle table:

raffle-1.jpg

raffle-2.jpg

raffle-3.jpg

Guest Keyoke

I'll ad my voice to the chorus of everyone else - it was a _great_ conference and I was glad I was able to lend a hand where I could. Just being able to sit in on some of the sessions given was a great expereince - let alone to rub elbows with them!

Steve, Doug, Craig, et. al - you guys did a wonderful job. I was amazed at how quickly and efficently y'all handled the myriad issues that arose.

It was a great experience being able to attend, let alone be one of those, as the ZEOvit folks put it "A helpful fellow in the yellow shirt".

Kudos to all!

Guest Keyoke
BTW, For those who Volunteered at the show and did not get any free frags from frag exchange let me know. I pick up a bunch of frags and would be more than happy to spread them around.

39204[/snapback]

Ah! So that's what this post was all about. :) All righty, I'll take you up on that. PM sent.

Great show, only wish I had time to enjoy it! Got there about 2:30 for the last 30 minutes. Of course about 5 hrs later I left with good memories of helping the tear down crews. Nice seeing everyone again!! Still can't get over Marvin from Richmond going to put in his $65,000.00 nano :rolleyes:

Howard

I am so bummed that I had to miss it. It sounds like it was an outstanding conference and on other boards, you guys are getting rave reviews! Congrats to all who helped make it a huge success.

BTW, Craig did you ge the PM I sent last week aobut my hospital stay? I sent it last Tuesday, but was still prety fuzzy from drugs so if you didn't get it, I'll send a new one to fill you in.

Guest mikesroth

I was told by a lot of guests (also) about what a GREAT Macna we put on. Everyone seemed pretty happy. I think we suprised my older son as he has now volunteered to be a volunteer at any of our future meetings. I guess he likes to do registrations. LOL Now I wish that we had helped out a little earlier and been able to make more of the show.

Congrats to all of you that put in all the real work and hours!!!

I only had a chance to attend the exhibits and they were great! It was a gas to meet all the people I have spent $$$ with over the internet and phone. I wish I had time for the sessions, as that was really where it was AT!

Thanks to everyone for their time and effort :77: :2thumbsup:

Oh, the ice cap "streamer" was fantastic! No need for a closed loop, automatic 32 hour water movement back up with the battery pack (included in the price) and variable output drive. WELL WORTH THE EXORBITANT PRICE.

My congratulations to all the big organizers for this MACNA. I received a lot of congratulations and nice comments from people on the floor who saw the WAMAS designation on my name tag.

On a side note, Steve, is that a spinyhead blenny on your icon?

My congratulations to all the big organizers for this MACNA.  I received a lot of congratulations and nice comments from people on the floor who saw the WAMAS designation on my name tag. 

On a side note, Steve, is that a spinyhead blenny on your icon?

39532[/snapback]

Thanks for all the kind words. WAMAS was a kick butt group and we made it happen.

No idea what that blenny is. Took that picture in Belize. ???

s

If it's from Belize, it probably is a spinyhead. A friend in grad school did research on them. Cool little critters. They fight over old christmas tree worm tubes.