Smorf's 90 Gallon Build

Smorf

How are you liking the color difference ??? ( i havent put mine up yet....gonna tackle that tomorrow I think)

and what % are you running each channel at? How do these compare to your T-5's?

So far I'm running the white and blue channels at 50%. I LOVE the blues way better than my actinic T5 bulbs. Some of the corals look radioactive now. I'm not sure about the whites yet, I mixed the bulbs a bit, and I'm getting a little bit of the "disco ball" effect. I might start with removing some of the optics on the non-white leds (red, green) to see how that looks. If that doesn't work, I ordered lots of extra LEDs.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a few random pictures...

Here's my Ricordea rock thanks to the latest group buy:

IMG_20130216_180309_zpsb631e9d8.jpg

IMG_20130216_180316_zps0e748a85.jpg

Finally was able to capture these two guys together:

IMG_20130126_135322_zps12bb2746.jpg

Discovered how long a nassarius snail can get (so rare to see mine out of the sand):

IMG_20130216_180151_zpsf5ebe480.jpg

I bought a tank that has been sitting in my living room with about an inch of water and sand in the bottom, and found two of these guys crawling about this evening. Rinsed them off and threw them in my bio, but it's crazy that they've lasted so long in almost nothing. Tank is looking good! Thanks for offering to help on the RO/DI with me, I got it setup today.

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to show off the anemone I got from Jan. The first night he moved probably 3 feet from where I placed him, then he hid in the shadows for a few days, and now he's settling in nicely.

IMG_20130302_183613_zps2a70e954.jpg

• 4 months later...
(edited)

Just wanted to show a pic of what I assume is a massive trail of snail eggs:

IMG_20130605_183102_zps3d23a6c6.jpg

I just thought it looked cool!  The entire structure was about 3 inches wide. There was no sign by the next morning, so I don't know if something ate the eggs, or if they detach and settle somewhere else. 

Edited by Smorf

Wow, Zach, that's crazy! Could be some free fish food though.

How's the clam?

He's alive and doing what clams do.  I guess I don't know how to determine his mood.  I did try to move him the other day and he had his foot planted pretty solidly.  I just left him because I didn't want to hurt him.